/5\

Kellin's POV

Vic. What? He just- he's flirting with me. No, he's messing with me. This is what straight guys do. They fuck with you. Make you like them, no matter how much you try not to. And then he'll reject me. It's the same thing over and over again. It's happened with the last six or seven guys I've liked. And I've been with one person since I was divorced. But this guy, Justin, might like me. He's cute. I don't know yet. He's not a fuckboy and might be able to break my bad streak.

"KELLIN QUINN!" I heard someone yell. I jumped and fell onto the floor. Vic grabbed me before I slammed my head on his coffee table.

"Jesus fucking Christ. Don't do that to me. I jump when people scream." I said.

"Why?" Vic asked.

"Cause my dad abused me and my sister. Beat your kids, but only where people can't see the bruises." I repeated.

"Oh. Damn. I'm sorry, KellBell. We'll leave the yelling to you." Jaime said. Vic chuckled and I blushed. Vic put his arm around me.

"Who's staying with the child tonight?" Mike asked.

They kinda looked at each other. "Vic?" I asked. They nodded. "I can stay. I don't go in tomorrow. Hell, I never have to go in if I don't want to."

"Thanks, Kellin. Cmon, Tony. Time for your punishment." Mike said. He got up and Tony followed.

"I should get going. I have a date." Jaime said.

"Ooh. With who?!" Vic yelled.

"Some guy I met named Justin. He's really sweet and nice." He said.

"Hills?" I asked. He nodded. "Fuck. Again."

"What?"

"I went on three dates with him. Nothing serious." I said.

"We've been on seven. I'm gonna ask him out tonight. If that's okay with you." He said.

"Yeah. It's fine. I'll find someone else. Hopefully. Maybe. Oh well." I mumbled. He smiled at me.

"You will." He left and I got up and started cleaning up.

"You don't have to." Vic said.

"It's fine." I whispered.

"You really liked Justin."

"Yeah. Liked. I thought it was gonna go somewhere. But, he turned out like the rest of them." I mumbled. I went to his kitchen and put the dishes in the dishwasher.

"What do you mean?" He called as I walked back.

"The last six or seven guys I've liked, have been fuckboys and broke my heart. They're all the same. They act like they like you, play you, then ditch you and tell you that you're basically worthless and they don't like you. That they're straight. I fucking hate straight boys." I ranted. I wanted to punch something. I just sat across from him and shook my leg.

"We aren't all like that. Plus you're gay. Why don't you date gay guys?" He asked.

"Because that act like you. They are friendly, a little touchy. Then they flirt with you. Then they lead you on. Then they crush you. With one word. Straight." I replied.

"What about online dating? And I'm not messing with you. I'm straight. Trust me. I like pussy." It still hurt. I already kinda liked him.

"I don't have time for it." I whispered. I grabbed my phone. "What do you like on your pizza?"

"I don't care. You pick. Pizza is pizza."

"Pineapple and ham?" I asked.

"You're one of those people." He whispered. I giggled and nodded. He shrugged and I called in the order.

I got up and heard Vic grab the bottle. I went to the kitchen and called my mom. "Hey. I can't make it home tonight. Is Kailey there?" I asked.

"No. It's okay Kellin." She said.

"Mom, you have lung cancer. You need to be cared for. I'll be home in a couple minutes."

"Where are you?"

"I'm with a friend. I was supposed to baby sit him because he's drunk and going through a divorce."

"Okay. You can bring him here. I want to meet one of your friends."

"Mom, he's drunk."

"It's okay. I could use some entertainment."

"Okay." I said. "Love you mom."

"Love you too Kellin." I hung up and walked back. I heard the doorbell. I paid for the pizza and took it. I got Vic up and he smiled at me.

"Where are we going?"

"My place. My mom needs help."

"You live with your mom?" He asked, giggling.

"My mom has lung cancer. She lives in my house." I replied and opened my door.

"Ooh. Matte black Audi R8." He slurred.

"Yeah. You better not throw up in it either." He got in and I buckled him in. He smiled at me.

"You're actually kinda cute. Cuter than Danielle. She was a bitch. But you're nice and cute." He said. He's drunk Kellin. Just drive.

I ignored all of his comments and drove home. I got out and helped him inside. "Kellin!" I heard Kailey yell. I left Vic at the door and ran upstairs. I ran into her room and saw my mom coughing up blood.

Vic stumbled in. He saw my mom and started freaking out. "What do we do?!" I yelled.

"I don't know. Call the doctor."

Vic grabbed my phone. "Why do you have my moms number?!" Vic yelled.

"Just call it, asshole." I yelled back. He did.

"Mommy! Hey! Kellin needs your help? His mother is coughing up blood. And why do you have my lawyers number? No mom. I'm not drunk. I'm just a little tipsy." He burst out in a fit of giggles.

I went over and grabbed my phone. "Hey Vivian. Your son is piss ass drunk and my mom is coughing up blood. The door is open. You know the passcode to the gate. Vic is fine. Please, just get here as soon as possible."

"I'm pulling in right now." She said. I hung up and sat Vic on the floor. I gave him a bottle of water.

"Sober up, buddy." I said. His mom walked in and he giggled.

"Mommy!"

"Shut up Victor." She said.

He just pouted and drank his water. I sat with him and he cuddled into me. I heard him snore and rolled my eyes. "Is she gonna be okay?"

"Yeah. She just needs more oxygen." Vivian answered. I nodded and she put the oxygen mask on. "Keep that on as much as possible. I'll come back in a week. And I suggest getting someone who can watch her. I can get her old nurse."

"Yeah. I'll get on that. Thank you." I replied.

"Do you want me to take him."

"No. I said I would baby sit him. He's pretty funny." I answered. "Thank you, again." She just nodded and left. Mama smiled at me and I went over. I kissed her cheek. "I love you so much, mama." I whispered. She nodded and rubbed my arm. "I'm going to bed. You know the drill." She let me go and I picked Vic up off the floor.

I led him to my room and he smiled. "Ooh. Do I get to fuck you Kellin?" He asked.

"No. I have work to do so I'll probably be up all night."

"No. Come sleep." He suggested. I shook my head.

"Work. Then daily needs."

"Lies. But come lay down."

I sighed and shut the door. "Do you want any clothes?"