Chapter 6

I slowly walked up to my locker. The thought came to me to ignore my locker completely and head straight to math class, but I had to get my books, especially because I had chemistry right after and that's on the other side of the building. I hadn't planned on coming back to my locker till English, so I had to face what was gonna happen. It was now or never, I thought to myself as I opened my locker.

To my surprise, Luke and Michael ignored me. It was shocking really, I grabbed some books out my bag and placed them on the top shelf of my locker as I took two out. I just stood there still fiddling with my math work getting prepared for class. Michael and Luke were absorbed in conversation about some party Luke was throwing at his house. Michael described the party as "party of the year." It made no fucking sense to me seeing that it hasn't even happened yet, like what if no one shows up. Would it still be considered party of the year? But knowing Michael and Luke, the two most popular kids in the school, I bet everyone was dying for an invite.

I sorta stood there in front of my locker listening, forgetting to move to look like I was occupied. Michael snapped his head up at the realization and slammed my locker shut causing my notes to fall to the ground. Great, I'm such a idiot. "Why the fuck where you eavesdropping, fag?" he yells causing his blue hair to stand up. Without thinking, obviously because I hardly ever think anymore, I start laughing. If you would have seen how angry this smurf was, you would've been on the floor dying, too.

I shook him off, completely refusing to give him satisfaction of getting a rise out of me. I think that was the wrong thing to do because it just made him angrier, which caused me to laugh more. "What is so funny? Please enlighten me! I wanna laugh too!" I'm actually too shocked he used the word enlighten properly to answer him. "You're not coming to the party! You'd be the last person we'd invite, you prick." He says before turning and leaving for class.

Luke just stood there, quietly examining everything that was going on. I bent down to pick up all my stuff on the floor, and when I came back up I met Luke's hands holding some of my notes he picked up for me. He blushed at the sudden touch between us, making me grin. He smiled almost a sympathetic smile for Michael's actions, but that was before Michael was almost half way down the hallway turned on his heel, and yelling, "LUKE, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" Luke looked taken aback by what Michael was saying and probably had just observed from a far. He screamed back, "Nothing," while dropping all the notes in his hands and slapping my hand down causing all the notes to fall from my hands as well. "Just watching this prick pick up his notes. He looks pathetic, really," He said emotionless.

I went down to pick them up as he was walking towards Michael, but before Luke fully left, he kicked me in the stomach, causing me to fall completely on the floor on my side in pain. By doing so, he earned an approving laugh from Michael. They soon left that hall, side by side, leaving me there with nothing but pain and my confused thoughts. I knew this day wasn't gonna be good.

Why is Luke such a prick? Why is he such a fucked up, multiple personality-filled fucker? All these thoughts and more came to my head as I finally decide to walk to math. The walk wasn't really that long, but it just felt like it could drag on forever mainly because as I walked, boy after boy after boy approached me calling me "fag." I cringed at the word; there was even one boy that tried to hit on me and give me his number. It was awkward and really weird to be honest. I don't even understand how me being gay spread around the school so fast, when I'm not even gay. I need Vanessa, I mean I miss her so much, and she's literally one of the only people that'll get me through this because she's one of the few sane people I know. I walk into math class, absorbed in my thoughts. As soon as I walk in, the bell rings and everyone files into their seats, leaving me with only one seat and that seat so happened to be right next to Luke again. Great.

I plopped down into the desk, completely hating life, probably looking like a self-loathing teenager. Which I completely am right now. It's at least 40 minutes into class when Luke decides to slip a note on my desk. I read it and shook my head in disbelief. He can't be fucking serious.

"Are you mad at me?" The note read. Of course I'm fucking mad at you, you dam idiot, I mouthed to him. I was infuriated with him. I had so much anger inside of me, and my body couldn't handle it. The next thing I know, I'm getting up out of my desk and storming out of class. Fuck this school, fuck the kids, the teachers, honors math, and especially Luke. Fuck Luke.

As I reached the door leading outside of the school, I heard foot steps from behind me but didn't bother to turn around to see who it was. I felt a hand pull me into a corner and pin me to a wall. Their breathing was hot on my neck as I looked up to see who it was. Luke Hemmings. "What do you want?" I spat at him while pushing him off.

"Come with me." He simply says while pushing me out of the school. I try to get out of his grip, but slowly after stopping, because trying is tiring me out. He's actually really strong for a small guy. He then puts me in his car's passenger seat and slams the door behind me.

I know I should bolt, but something is keeping me in this seat and I don't know what, but I decide to stay. He eventually gets in the car and starts it. "Where are we going?" I ask shyly. Oh god, why the fuck did I say it so weak? He smiles at me and simply says, "That's for me to know, and you to find out when we get there." "So, we're skipping?" I ask. "Yeah, I wasn't gonna let you skip alone."