James Imagine.

For: JustineQReyes  (a.k.a Justine)

James's P.O.V
___________

Today was the day that I was meeting Justine's family for the first time. And it wasn't just her parents - it was everyone. They'd invited me round to their annual summer barbecue. I was nervous. This was the first time that I'd be meeting everyone.

What would they think of me?

I knew that I'd have to do this at some point in our relationship but I just don't know if I'm ready. I've known Justine for quite a while now but we've only been together as a proper couple for a few months. I just think that it's a bit soon for all of this to be happening.

What if something goes wrong with us and I'll have the whole of her family hating me!

I didn't want to start an argument but I wasn't really ready yet. What if it is going to be a waste of time. We could break up in a few weeks. I don't know what's wrong with me, I just don't want this relationship to go really wrong - I really like her.

I couldn't imagine life without the person I love. But I will always stand by my life motto - everything happens for a reason.

I'm too scared to talk to Justine about it - I'm afraid of what she will do or say! I know she's been looking forward to this for a while but I don't think I can do it. I'm not ready yet.

I don't think I'd feel the same way of I was just meeting her parents. But it's EVERYONE!

I realised that if I'm not going to say anything to her, then I'll just have to put a smile on my face and get on with it. I'm sure she's done some things for me that she didn't want to in the past.

"You've just got to do it James. It will be fine." I say to myself.

"What are you saying?" Justine says from the other room.

"Oh nothing, I was just reading out a text message." I reply. I'm so glad she's not in the room right now - she always knows when I'm lying.

Before I know it, it's time to leave to go to her parents house. I think about making an excuse about not feeling well but we've been laughing and joking all morning and I know that won't work now.

We get to her parents house and I put on the best smile that I can manage. I hope it doesn't look too forced! She seems happy. I just wish I didn't have to force myself to be happy.

I worry all day that her family will see through me, that they'll know I don't want to be there. I don't want them to say anything to her that might influence the future for the two of us.

Justine's P.O.V
___________

I look around at my whole family and find James. He just looks like he fits in, like he's known everyone for years. He's perfect.

My mum calls me into the kitchen to help her out with some of the food preparation.

"Hey." She said and I just smiled back at her.

"Keep tight hold of him. Don't lose him." She says. I glance at her with a puzzled look on my face.

"I can tell he doesn't want to be here today. He's finding it awkward. But he's done it for you. He clearly loves you and doesn't want to let you down. Please don't do anything stupid, he's one of the nicest people I've met!" My mum replied to my look.

Hearing that from my mum made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Maybe we were meant to be together.

I go outside and grab James by the hand and we go and sit together away from where people can hear us and talk about our future plans that we want to do together.

--------------------

Keep checking my message board/conversations thing to see what's going on with updates. I'll try to keep you informed.

Thank you for everything that each and every one of you have done.

I know I've not been the best at regular updates but thank you so much for sticking around and helping me get this  far!! It means a lot.

Thank youuuuu!!!

Katie xxx