Chapter 51

A week later

Zaria

"Crys has been bothering me about buying this damn barbie car all month." Marica said as we shopped in Toys R Us. We may only have 2 kids in total but Christmas shopping was still a lot of work, especially with kids like Kristen and Crystal.

"So... have you talked to Chris about this whole moving back thing?" Marica asked me as we moved to check out.

"No, I don't think he would disapprove. I mean, Jacob deserves to see Kris whenever he feels like it. He missed damn near her whole childhood. Chris will understand." I placed the toys on the conveyer belt.

"Yeah he will, Chris is a good person. I can totally tell how in love you two are. The way you guys look and talk to each other."

"Yeah I love him," I grinned at the thought of Chris and paid the cashier.

"But you also still love Jacob."

"Um... can you help me put these in the basket?" I did still love Jacob, I wouldn't ever stop loving him but I'm not ready to really dissect the whole issue and situation right now.

"Let's head home." We got in the car and drove back over to the house. Jacob didn't stay here at the moment since this is where we stayed whenever we visited, he was living in an apartment nearby. But he still was always at our house with Kristen. I unlocked the door and seen Jake and Kris on the living room floor playing, my smile widened just at the sight of the two.

"Hey mommy!" Kris yelled.

"Hey baby." I walked into the kitchen as Marica went and sat on the couch. I heard footsteps behind me so I turned around.

"Hey Jacob," I grinned.

"Hi." He sat on top of the counter as I fixed Kris lunch.

"You making me some food?" He said as he stole one of Kris's apples.

"Aren't you grown?"

"Yeah, but daddy needs lunch too." I shook my head as he laughed.

"Wheres Chris?" I asked him, looking at him in the corner of my eye. He frowned but stole another apple slice as he shrugged.

"Ugh Jacob, quit!" I laughed as he pushed me, laughing as well.

"Daddy quit!" I looked down to see Kris coming in and waiting for Jacob to pick her up. Jacob lifted her up and they both took turns snatching apples.

"Ok, that's your lunch then. Get out!" I joked and Jacob put his hand on his heart.

"Well then." He said as Kris giggled.

"Daddy can we go get fast food?" Kris asked Jake as she snuggled her little head deep into his chest.

"Yes baby, go get your shoes." He kissed her hair and she jumped down and ran out.

"I swear she likes you better than me." I said as I cleaned up their apple mess.

"She does, but hey. She's a daddy's girl." I rolled my eyes at him and then he jumped off the counter and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Damn, Kris made you a little thicker."

"Of course, she has a big ass head like her father."

"Ha ha ha, funny." I nudged Jacob's head away from me but he kept his grip on my waist.

"Jacob you wanna move?"

"Nope." I smacked my teeth when I heard Chris's voice come downstairs. I pushed Jacob away from me and he started to laugh really hard. Chris walked into the kitchen without a shirt on. His tattoos in full intact. He paid Jacob no attention as he smirked at me, standing at a distance. I walked over to him and hugged him. He instantly tightened our bodies together.

"Baby" I said as I traced his sleeve tattoos.

"Yeah?"

"Let's do something today." He pulled away from me enough to bend down to kiss me.

"Anything for you." I turned around to see Jacob absentmindedly looking at the ground.

"Jacob, do you mind keeping Kris tonight?" He looked over at me and smiled. "Not at all."

"Thanks!" Chris took my hand and led me upstairs.

Jacob

I threw the Sprint bag into the passenger seat before taking out my new phone.

"Daddy! Daddy!" I turned in my seat to see Kristen and her spilt soda all over my lambo seats.

"Fuck!" I shouted as I grabbed a paper towel.

"Sorry daddy."

"It's alright baby girl." I kissed her forehead as I cleaned it up. She unbuckled her seat belt and climbed into the driver's seat as I went into the backseat cleaning.

"Daddy your phone is ringing." "Answer it." She slid her little finger across the screen and put it up to her ear.

"Hello? Who is this? I'm Kristen, my daddy is cleaning."

"Give it here." I held my hand out for Kris who sucked her teeth before handing over the phone.

"Hello?"

"Jacob?" Oh shit.

"Lyric?"

"Oh wow, you remember me."

"Uh yeah. It's been so long, how are you?" I put Kris back in the back seat and I got back into the car.

"Fine surprised you have the same number. But I should be asking you that. I heard you got out over the internet and I had to call you. And you have a kid?"

"Yeah yeah, it's a lot."

"So you spending the holidays with Zaria and your kid huh?"

"Probably just Kris."

"Thats her name?"

"Yeah Kristen."

"That's so cute."

"Thanks, I didn't name her but I appreciate it." I chuckled before helping wiping the chocolate from Kristen mouth. Couldn't have my daughter walking around looking crazy.

"Yeah, we should chill some time soon, maybe I can meet Kris."

"Yeah sounds dope. Look I'm about to drive and uh Ion wanna talk while I'm with the little one, I'll call you later?"

"Yeah I understand. Bye Jacob."

"Bye Lyric." I hung up and started to drive out the parking lot. I wasn't trying to go back down that lane of my life with Lyric but we were always cool together, I mean she was my homegirl before she was my girl. I wonder if she was still hot in the modeling business, I knew Zaria was. I turned up the radio to hear "Turn Up The Music" by Chris Brown start to play.

"My Chrissss!" I heard Kris squeal in the back. I smiled at her through the mirror, she was really fond of him. I appreciated him for being the father figure while I wasn't around. But I'm here now. To stay. Then I felt a ping of jealousy.