Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Zaria

I turned on my TV to the news to see Daniel's face plastered all over the screen. "Diggy Simmons beats former girlfriend" I sighed and turned it off, getting into a huddled position on the couch. The front door opened and closed and I turned to see Cam walking my way. "How was practice babe?" I asked kissing him as he sat next to me. "It was good. What you do all day?" "Shit." He chuckled and I laid across him as he ran his fingers down my side. "Ole dude lost his record deal." I looked up at Cam, knowing he was talking about Daniel. "Wow..." I whispered, it was all I could say. He nodded and embedded his teeth in his bottom lip. "It's not your fault babe." He told me. "It kinda is, he felt threatened by you and I... I let him. I made him feel insecure, hanging with you, it's my fault." "So it's your fault that he beat you for no damn reason? So now, domestic violence is okay?!" He started to raise his voice and I was getting confused. "Don't yell at me," I said softly. He patted my thigh softly telling me to get up and I did so. "Zaria you're a young girl..." "I know but.." "No buts, you're vulnerable and weak. You let dudes run over you, why?" "I don't know Cam." He nodded and hugged me. "I'm going to bed, do you." He took a deep breath and went upstairs. "Stay with me," I whispered knowing he couldn't hear. I needed somebody to talk too, I could just feel myself falling into deep depression and I didn't need that. Cameron wasn't listening to me and thats what I needed, somebody to be there. I picked up my phone and went to the only person who would always be there. Jacob. I called him and waited for him to pick up. "Sup?" He said. "Jacob," I said my voice cracking in the process. "Zaria. What's wrong babe?" "I feel lonely Jake. I don't know what to do." "Why? Whats wrong? Where that Cameron nigga at? Where you at?" "Jacob...," I groaned at the questions he was asking. "Zaria, you okay?" "No, this is all my fault." "What's your fault babe? Come on talk to me." "You, Daniel, Cameron, everybody that I've touched, I've fucked up their lives." "Baby my life isn't fucked up. Well... Never mind, where you at? You alone?" "Quit asking questions.." I said softly as I crawled up the stairs. I was too weak to walk. I let everything sink in.

--- Twist grabbed my waist and I pushed him. He tried to kiss me but I pulled away. "Twist don't fucking touch me." ---

I started to cry as I reached the 10th step. "Zaria Zaria, baby where you at?" I could hear rustling on Jacob's side of the phone like he was getting dressed or something. I didn't care. I was tired of fighting. Sick and tired of pretending I was okay, when I wasn't.

--- I ran into Twist's bedroom to see him laid on the floor in a pool of his own blood. ---

"Jacob, I want to die." I said. "Baby no, look you at Cameron's house? Where he at? I'm on my way, don't do nothing stupid girl."

--- "Thanks for picking me up Dan." "No problem." I smiled at him and he returned it. "Jacob's just being a bitch right now." "Well I'll always be here." He turned to face me and I leaned in to kiss him. Headlights flashed and I jerked to see a car coming our way. ---

I hung up the phone and walked into the bathroom, I ran myself some bath water and took a deep breath. If killing myself was the only way to stop stressing then so be it.

--- "What? Roger does drugs? Did you know this? Marica started to cry. "He gets high all the time and he beats me." ---

I bit my lip as I struggled to open up the bottle of pills.

--- New message from Jetun. I unlocked Diggy's phone and read it. "Our appointment is tomorrow." The text read. ---

I popped pill after pill, and slowly everything started to fade.

Jacob

I reached Cameron's house and busted the door down. "Zaria?!" I screamed. "Baby!" I ran up the stairs searching for her. "Nigga what are you doing my house?" I turned to see Cameron looking at me pissed and confused. "Where is Zaria?" "Somewhere in here. Why are you here?" "Don't worry about that. Find my fucking sister!" He nodded slowly, starting to realize that shit was going down. I looked in every room and door and reached a bathroom. I busted it open to see Zaria laying on the ground un conscience. I wrapped my arms around her and screamed, just to let out all my anger. "Call 911!," I yelled for Cameron to hear me. He came in and saw Zaria, his eyes widening. "Bitch call 911!" I screamed at him, he snapped out of his daze and left the room, calling them. I rubbed my hands down the side of Zaria's face kissing her lips. "Baby wake up and come back to me. I love you girl. Fuck Maya, fuck Diggy, Cameron, our parents, everybody. I don't give a fuck. Why we still hiding our love baby? Zaria I just want you to come back to me okay? I don't wanna hurt anymore, I'm tired. I know you tired too, but you're resting now. But don't rest for too long, you gotta come back. You have too..." I broke down and started crying. I looked up to see Cameron standing there looking down at us. He had his hand covering his face. I heard loud noises and footsteps and soon the paramedics were taking my little sister out of my hands. I got up and faced Cam. "Thank you," he said. I nodded and left to follow the ambulance.

Diggy

"So, there is no possible way I can get my son?" I asked my lawyer Gibson that was helping me with this custody battle. "Sir, looking at this. You have a clean record, good enough income for DJ.. But.. you were just recently convicted with domestic violence charges and you're doing community service. I.. I don't know but even if she is living in a unstable home, rights won't go to you." "So they gon make my son stay with a bitch that can't take even care for him?!" "He would be placed in foster care. And since you've already placed charges on her and this case has already begun, actions will be taken. Your son will be taken away from you." I placed my head into my hands and sobbed. Damn I sound like a bitch for crying but... I'm losing everything, everything I lived for, I've lost. My career, my girl, my son. I stood up and threw the desk. "Sir sit down!" "No, fuck you! Fuck this shit!" I grabbed the chair and hauled it across his office. I saw him reach down and press an emergency button under his deck "Security we need you." I fell to the ground and I started shaking. I screamed for the shaking to stop but it couldn't. I was having a seizure. Security and paramedics came into the room and tried to console me. I slipped out of conscience and all I could see was light. The weight was lifted off my shoulder. The stress was replaced with bliss. I smiled. Welcome home.