Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Marica

I was pregnant.

I never thought I would say this but I'm falling out of love with Roger. I looked to my left to see him knocked out from a hangover. I got up out the bed, ignoring the sharp pains from my bruises on my body. I stood up and put on some sweats and put my hair into a ponytail. I opened the closet door, grabbing the duffle bag that was hidden on the floor. I took my phone, its charger and Roger's wallet before walking out the door. I finally was leaving him. I caught a taxi and drove to the only place I knew was sane, Zaria's house. I knew she was living with Diggy, but I trusted him to not tell Rog anything. I knocked on the door hoping somebody was up, I mean it was only 12 in the morning. A light was turned on inside the house and I heard the lock and door knob being messed with. I thanked God silently as Diggy appeared at the door. "Marica?!" He asked tiredly. "Can I speak... to um.. Zaria?" I swallowed. He nodded, looking at my appearance and bag before inviting me in. He went upstairs for a second and soon Zaria was seen walking down. "Marica? What's wrong?! Are you okay? Did he hit you? He's on drugs again isn't he?! Why didn't you tell me? Oh my gosh.." "Calm down Zaria, please. I just need to stay here for tonight, I'll leave in the morning I promise." "You can stay however long you need, are you hurt?" "Just old bruises that are healing but I'm fine." I didn't want to tell her I was pregnant, I didn't want to tell anybody. She put me in a guest room and I took a shower before going to sleep. I haven't slept peacefully and felt safe in so long.

The next morning I walked downstairs to see Diggy in the kitchen, over the stove and little DJ sitting in his high chair. I stopped by the counter, just watching them. I looked over at DJ. He was playing with his food. He was so cute, he looked exactly like Diggy. From his nose to his curly hair. They were twins. I wondered how Zaria felt having to mother a child that wasn't hers. I looked over to Diggy. He was so sexy. He was wearing a muscle shirt that showed his body so well. The way his jaw flexed when he concentrated on the eggs he was cooking. Once again, I was jealous of Zaria. She walked downstairs and smiled at me before kissing DJ on the head and walking over to Diggy. Zaria wrapped her arms around him and he turned around, smiling down at her. They kissed and I turned away from them. I couldn't bear to see this much happiness when I wasn't happy. I needed to get out of here quick.

Jacob

The Grammys were next week and I was busy with appearances and parties. Maya was steady calling my phone and everything. She needed to understand that I was the hottest thing out right now and I wasn't always gonna be able to talk and see her whenever she wanted. There was one thing I liked about Maya though, she held me down. Held down my bank account too, all the damn shopping she does. I didn't even think this relationship would last this long because all I do is cheat, I haven't been faithful since I was with Zaria and I was still fucking up back then. I sighed as my van pulled up in front of the club that Jay Z was holding a party. I walked out my van, paparazzi surrounding me. I ignored them and walked in. The party seemed real smooth. I had a few drinks and chatted with my entourage close to me. "Jacob Latimore," I heard a familiar voice say behind me. I turned around to see a smiling Lyric. I haven't seen her in person in years. She was hot right now, one of the biggest models out. Her body was looking right in this dress. "My face is up here." She laughed and I looked up at her trying to put on a poker face. I didn't want her to think that I wanted her back or anything, because I didn't... did I?

"You enjoying yourself?" I asked trying to start a conversation. "Yeah... This party is pretty cool. But uh, Jacob I actually wanted to talk to you." "Wassup?" "We ended on a bad note and I just wanted to put that behind us." "Of course." "We can be friends?" "Yeah." She smiled and I was distracted by a ringing of my phone. Once again. Maya. I pressed decline and looked back to Lyric. "Girlfriend?" "Nah.... just work." "Oh. Well you still have my number, right?" "Actually I don't." She was token back, she looked shocked. "Well I have yours, I'll text you." I nodded and bit my bottom lip as she walked away from me.

Zaria

I had been talking with Daniel on me starting a modeling career and we had a lot of people scouting me and everything. It was gonna work out just fine. Daniel finally decided to get back into the studio and I was happy for him. Life was going swell. I was still communicating with Cameron but on an innocent level. He was like a best friend. I found out he was a professional football player for the Ravens. Daniel still knew nothing about him though.

"So, you used to like your step brother?" He asked me, enjoying this conversation. He laughed and I blushed as we chilled on his couch. "Yeah, we even kissed." "Well he was your stepbrother, not real blood." "I guess so." He picked up a grape from a bowl that we were sharing. "Your parents ain't know?" "Nope." "Bad ass." I laughed and he did too as he popped the grape into his mouth, chewing slowly. "You still talk to your bro?" "Yep. He's Jacob Latimore." "Jacob Latimore? As in the Jacob Latimore." "Yeah, he's getting so famous lately." "Yeah he's real hot on the charts right now." "I'm proud of him." I smiled at the thought when my phone suddenly had other plans. "Hello?" I answered. "Zaria where you at?" Daniel's attitude was not needed at all. "I'm on my way home now, chill." "Chill? Where the hell you at?" "Don't call me with this shit Dan, I'll be home when I'm home." I hung up and threw my phone on beside me, running my fingers through my hair as I breathed out loud in frustration. "You good?" I felt Cam's hot breath on my neck as he inhaled. I closed my eyes and his arms found their way around my waist. I let him touch and explore my body until Daniel came to mind and ruined my mood all over. "Ugh just stop." I said. Cam pulled back and looked at me. "Whats up? What he say?" "I should just get going, I'll text you." "Okay, stay safe. Call me if you need me." I nodded before grabbing my things and heading out to my car.

I unlocked the front door and Daniel walked into view. "Now you wanna come home." He said with that same annoying ass attitude. "Dan you're annoying me. Just let me go take a nap." He cornered me in the living room and looked me in the eye. "Daniel I said let me go." "Miss me with that shit girl." "What is your problem?" "I don't know you tell me." I sighed and he let me go. He followed me up the stairs into our bedroom. "Zaria." He said and I ignored him as I changed clothes and climbed into bed. "You not gonna talk to me Zaria?" I turned to my side and closed my eyes, trying to make the tears falling from my eyes stop before he noticed. I felt the bed sink in as Dan got on it and rested his head on my side. After a few minutes, I was drifting into sleep and I felt Daniel get up. He mumbled something before leaving. Once I heard the front door slam, I cried. Our relationship was fucked.