Chapter 50

Chapter 50

Marqus

We all gathered in the little secluded restaurant that I had chosen and rented. Everybody was greeting conversing with Khalil and Trell. Trell seemed happy to be back, Khalil not so much. I didn't want to press him though so I just let it go.

"Kristen damn girl, you got food all over my shirt" I spat her as she poked out her bottom lip.

"Sorry Uncle Marq."

"It's good baby girl." I kissed her forehead and she smiled before sitting back down in my lap. That was my baby right there, I'd kill for her only because I knew Jacob would too and the fact he's not here to protect her made me the one to have too. I know Zaria with that Chris Brown nigga and I know he loves Kris too but I still have to be here, for Jacob's sake.

"What'd you do for your birthday last month?" I asked Kris as she played with my tie.

"We went swimming."

"Did you have fun?" She nodded and I pecked her tiny forehead before focusing on everybody else in the room. Trell looked over at me and he had this look in his eye that I knew meant something. He got up and walked over to the side, the whole table's eyes on him. I got up and walked over to him.

"What's up?" I asked. He smiled at me.

"Marqus, he's out. He's out."

"Who out?" I asked confused. I looked back to the table to see Khalil smiling down at his lap.

"He is." Trell grinned pointing behind me. I turned around and my jaw dropped.

Jacob

I walked into the resturant Trell told me about earlier. I got out early because of good behavior and then my lawyer worked hard for my charges to lower. I knew about my daughter.... Kristen Marie Latimore. She was 5 years old, turning 6 in January. She had curls like mine but her hair was light brown like Zaria's. She was super smart like Zaria but also athletic like me. I seen pictures of her from a fetus to now, I had this thought that whenever I seen her that it would be too late to even try to be a father but now I know that it's not true.

"Wasssssupppp!" I shouted as everyone turned my way. Cries, screams and hugs were all thrown my way.

"You're home!" I heard Marica scream while some dude hugged her. I looked down at her lap at some kid that looked like a split image of Roger. Damn I missed a lot. I turned my head to see Khloe smiling over at me, I hugged her and then dapped Trell and Khalil. Those two were the only ones who knew I got out today. I hugged Marqus and he was even crying.

"Man you back," He said as he patted my back.

"Yeah bro, I am!" He smiled and I hugged him again.

"Go see her," he said and pointed behind me. I froze, mainly because I knew what he was talking about and mainly because I didn't know how I would take this, I had practiced what I would say and what I would do whenever this happened but now.... a hundred thoughts went through my head. I know I told Zaria to move on, but did she? And with who? Does Kristen even know who I am? Or does she think this nigga is? Where did they live? Did Zaria ever patch things with her mom? I took a deep breath and turned around.

"Daddy!" A little girl said as she ran over to me. She put her hands up for me and I of course, lifted her up.

"Daddy." She said again resting her head on my shoulder. I knew this was her. My baby girl. I scanned the room to see everyone looking at me then finally I saw Zaria, she was looking dead at me. It was like once I locked eyes with her, my eyes would never leave her. She was so beautiful, even our daughter. My heart drummed loudly in my chest and my skin burned. I motioned for her to come over and that's what she did. I hugged her with one arm and held Kristen in the other. Zaria's soft cries were heard and all I could do was rub her back.

"Mommy don't cry, he's back. He's finally back." I looked at Kristen and so did Zaria.

"I know baby, I know." Zaria said as she kissed her. I kissed them both on the forehead and hugged them tightly. I'm not leaving my family again.