Chapter 11

Jacob

"How is she?" "She's fine. Diggy's fine. The only thing that got hurt was that car." My mom answered. I sighed in relief and raised my arms. "Thank God." "Right, I was so scared." Marica said. "Well what room is she in?" "The one on the right." I walked down the hall and walked into the first room on the right. Spin was walking out as I was walking in. "Wassup bro." He said as soon as he saw me. I nodded my head at him and looked at Zaria. She wasn't connected to any monitors and didn't even look hurt, but she did have this huge bandage on her head. "Hey baby." I said sitting down next to her as Spin left. She looked at me and rolled her eyes, then she made a facial expression like it hurt just to do that. "You're still mad at me?" I touched her arm gently and looked her in the eyes. "Zaria, answer me." "Yes I'm still mad." she said nonchalantly. "Zaria I'm sorry. Forgive me." "I can't right now Ja-Jacob." I watched her fight back tears as I was fighting back some myself. "You want me to leave?" I asked her. "Jacob, you may not be my boyfriend anymore. But you are my brother. Just be a brother." I sat there, staring at her. What does she mean I may not be her boyfriend anymore? Is she breaking up with me? When was this? Did Diggy have to do with this? But the last part made me think more. I'm her brother, her stepbrother. My job is to protect her and take care of her. That's my job from now on. "Zaria I love you." I told her. She faced me and smiled weakly. "I love you more Jacob."

Diggy

It's been 5 days since me and Zaria got out the hospital. I put our lives in jeopardy and it took me forever to forgive myself. Zaria and I hang out every chance we get. Jacob is getting along well with me. I'm liking all of this.

"Dan." Zaria yelled from the bathroom. "Yeah?" "Come here, I just washed the dye out my hair." I got out my bed and walked into the bathroom. There was Zaria with blonde hair. It looked good on her. I wanted to throw her on this tiled floor and take her right now. "Your hair looks sexy as hell on you." She smiled at my comment as I wrapped my arms around her waist. "You're so cute. You know that right?" "I've been told. But you look absolutely stunning right now." She kissed me softly, opening her mouth a tad for my tongue to gain access. "I want you." I growled through whispers. She pulled away and intertwined our fingers. "Dan as much as I want too, you have an interview in the morning. Besides, I'm tired." She let go and walked back into my room and I followed her. "You're staying the night right?" "Do you want me to?" "Is that a real question?" She laughed and pushed me back on the bed. I grabbed her arm and forced her on-top of me. "Lets sleep like this tonight babe." I kissed her forehead. She giggled and I played with her blonde curls until I heard her faint snores. Felt good to have my baby back.

Marica

"Fuck!" I screamed as I put alcohol the huge bruise on my face. Roger and I got into yet another altercation last night. It ended with him bashing my face with his phone. My phone started to vibrate on the bathroom counter, so I reached over and clicked Accept and put it on speaker. "Marica?" Jacob? "Hello? Jacob?" "Can you come over....?" "Why? Does Zaria need something?" "She's not exactly home right now." "Um okay, I'll be there." I was so confused but I still got dressed and headed over to his house. It was early in the morning but I didn't care. When I knocked on the door, he answered. No shirt on, chest looking right, basketball shorts and he had that sleepy look on his face that was so cute. Wait what? This is the love of my bestfriend's life. I mean I know shes kinda sorta seeing Diggy now but damn Marica. We walked upstairs and we started to watch a movie. "Jacob why did you call me?" "Why did you come?" "Uh, because you called." He chuckled and looked at me. That's when I got a clear vision of his face, he was high. I got shivers down my back thinking of Roger, the same face he had everytime he beats me countless times. "What's wrong with your face Marica?" He said, moving towards me. He cupped my face inside his arms and kissed my bruise. "Your beautiful." he whispered. This was all so wrong but it felt all so right. Damn Jacob. I kissed his lips and our lips moved in sync. So this is why Zaria can't leave him alone. He pushed me back onto the bed and started to take off my shirt like I was a baby. I bit my lip as he stared at my boobs like a child staring at candy. That's when his phone rang. "Excuse me for a minute baby." He whispered and moved up to grab his phone. "Hello?" he said. I heard a familiar voice on the other line. His eyes grew wide and his facial expression went soft when he heard who it was. "Okay Zaria. Love you." I rolled my eyes as he hung up. I felt so bad, I was about to have sex with Jacob. Zaria would never do that to me. "I have to go." Jacob said standing up. "Put your shirt back on and the door is downstairs. Bye." He grabbed his keys and left. I sat there on his bed, my bare chest exposed, horny ass ever but mostly hurt. Zaria gets all the good and I'm stuck here with an abusive drug addict boyfriend. I cried for awhile before I left. Am I no good?