Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Jacob

I sat in the court room. I told myself over and over not to look at her but when I heard someone say her name I turned around. There she was, looking beautiful as ever. She sat down and her eyes met mine. She looked hurt and I knew I caused it all. I let my emotions get the best of me again so I turned around and faced the judge.

"We want every single detail of what happened on that day, starting from when you woke up Mr.Khalil" I watched as Khalil's bottom lip trembled. Unlike me, he was scared. Fearful. I knew I was going to prison, no need to be scared. I licked over my lips as I listened to Khalil speak.

"I.. I woke up, ate breakfast... went over to Jacob's house... he uh... we uh.... chilled and then we decided it was time.."

"Time for what?" The judge pestered. I could sense how uncomfortable Khalil was.

"Let me finish please.... we.. we got ready.."

"Who is we?" Khalil took a deep breath, he was frustrated. I could tell.

"Um.. myself, Jacob, Trell and Marqus." I looked behind me to see Marqus with his arm around Zaria. I nodded at him and he nodded back. He was still my bro for life, no matter what. I turned back around and listened to Khalil finish.

"Marqus decided he didn't want to go through with this so he... he got out the car and left. We stayed. We drove over to this apartment and uh.... we texted Twist to come over... he brought um.. these two people with them..."

"Arielle and Shaun?" I felt my skin crawl just by hearing their names.

"Yeah I guess... I didn't really know them by name.. but they came and.... they were confused... I.."

-- The doorknob twisted open and we stared at it intently. Twist looked at us, fear flashing across his face. Trell grabbed him by the collar and knocking him to the ground. Khalil got Arielle and held her captive in his grip and I pushed Shaun onto the couch. I told Trell to put his gun to Shaun's head, and he did as I said. I went up to Twist and I beat him like my whole life depended on it. I heard female screams telling me to stop but I didn't. I took out my gun, clocking it back. I faced in between his eyes. "Bye." I said as I pulled the trigger. Brains and blood splashed across the run as I blew a bullet straight through his head. I started to breath heavy and I dropped the gun to my side. I was still angry. I turned around and all eyes were on me. "Damn Jake....." I heard Khalil say. All I remember after that is shooting and killing Arielle and Shaun. Khalil and Trell tried to wash the guns in the bathroom and I told them to leave and I would do that. They left on foot so my car wouldn't get tracked and that's when reality spooked in. I killed 3 people and I had no regrets or guilt. Is that what being physco is?

Zaria

The whole time Khalil told the story, I closed my eyes and silently prayed. He was telling the truth and I knew it. I'm sure Jacob told him to tell the truth. Jacob was extremely calm. It was time for the sentence and I grabbed hold of Marqus and Marica's hands. I squeezed them as tears started to fall from my face.

"Khalil... you will be sentenced 6 years in prison for accessory of murder." I watched as Khalil's mother and friends cried and screamed. I shook my head as I tried to shut down everything.

"Trell... you will be sentenced 6 years in prison for accessory of murder." I took a deep breath as Jacob looked behind at me. I met his eyes and he mouthed "I love you." and I gave him an "I love you too." We stared at each other as his sentence was read.

"Jacob Latimore.... you will be sentenced 15 years in prison for murder." My mouth dropped as they started to whisk the boys away. Somebody tried to grab me into a hug but I broke free and ran towards Jacob. He squeezed me into a tight hug and kissed me the longest and hardest he ever did. It meant so much to me and I would never forget it.

"Don't wait up for me." He said.

"I'm gonna miss you," he whispered in my hair. I nodded my head and he pecked my lips quickly before they took him away.

"I love you!" I shouted feeling the tears again.

"I love you more!" Just like that, he was gone. For 15 years......