Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Diggy

"Come on DJ, let's go." I yelled as I he walked down the stairs with his stuff. "Am I going home?" He asked me. Damn he was getting good at talking. "Yeah come on little nigga. Your mommy is waiting for you." "Where is Zaria?" He asked me and I sighed. "Upstairs, let's go." He nodded and he got into my car buckling hisself in. I drove all the way to Jetun's apartment. I helped him out and we walked up the stairs to her house. I knocked on the door and Twist answers. What the hell? This nigga her new man? "Dig..." He said and I mugged him. He caught that and went back into the house. Jetun came into view and picked up DJ. "My baby," She cooed as she kissed his face. "Yo Jetun." I said. "Yes?" "That's yo new man?" "Why?" She just like Zaria, always got to have a damn attitude. "I know him." "What? Am I fucking with some sort of bro code?" I gritted my teeth at her, I wanted to punch her. Which was weird, because I'm not usually so violent. "We ain't bros." "Look Dig..." "Nah watch out for him Jetun. I don't like him, I know what hes capable of and he real shady. I don't like that shit around my son." Jetun rolled eyes before repositioning my son in her arms. "Don't worry about me, go back to your fucking girlfriend. From what I remember, you didn't love me nor wanna be with me. Only reason you care is because I moved on. So shut the hell up and leave. I'll drop DJ off on weekends or whatever, just don't worry about me." And with that she slammed the door in my face. "Bitch." I shouted as I walked back to my car. She really had the nerve to pull that girlfriend card up? That bitch is the mother of my son. I brushed her and all of these thoughts out my head and returned home. I walked upstairs and opened my drawer. There was the ring. I went with Spin to buy a ring for Zaria. I had thought about it and I was gonna propose tonight. I smiled at the thought and closed the drawer. Zaria was in our bathroom putting on makeup. We were going to her parent's house for her mom's birthday. She hadn't seen them in awhile so I knew she was excited. "Babe, you look great." I told her. "Thanks." I kissed her and she smiled up at me. We got ready and left.

"Ohhh this is my song!" Zaria screamed as she turned the volume up higher. The car was loud as hell. I laughed as she danced to the beat that wad playing on the radio. She was perfect. Perfect for me, I'd be damn if I let Jacob, Chris Brown or anyone else take her. I couldn't wait until she said 'yes' and later 'I do'. I grinned and turned from facing her to look up at a car that took off before the stop sign, making me hit the brakes causing everything in the car to fall. "Fucking idiot." I shouted to myself, I gripped the wheel and continued to drive safely. I saw a flash of the light at my feet so I quickly bent down to pick it up, it was Zaria's phone. Squinting my eyes to see the text, I finally got the words right. " I miss you", it read from Cameron. Cameron? Who the hell is Cameron?!

"Babe, give me my phone." Zaria said. She was cheating on me? I was gonna propose to her and she had other niggas missing her. Is that where she'd been running off to at night? I turned to her, I couldn't really see her because my vision was blurring. Zaria grabbed for her phone. "Give me my shit", she said as she tried to grab it but I kept dodging her. I started to get hot and my muscles flexed as I grew angry. "WHO THE FUCK IS THIS!? WHO THE FUCK IS CAMERON?" I asked as I held up the phone so she could see. Her expression grew surprised and I bit down on my lip to calm down. "Daniel, let me explain..." "No FUCK THAT." I took in a deep breath, why was she texting him?? Was this my fault?? I'm the one drifting her away. I knew I was gonna push her into another man's hands. Why was I so stupid? The more I blamed myself the angrier I got with Zaria. "LET ME FUCKING EXPLAIN!" she screamed at me. I was so angry because Zaria was yelling my damn ear off. I absentmindedly went 20 miles over the speed limit and her ass shouted for me to slow down and to answer her. I just rolled his eyes. "Are you gonna let me explain? You're getting mad over nothing! He's Roger's friend. My friend. A fucking friend. You're so damn insecure!" I'm not insecure. "You're pathetic!" I'm not pathetic. "You're driving so fast that you can kill us, you know that right? I really can't with you! Bring me to my fucking parent's house and don't call me. Matter fact, drop me off do something!" I was taking all of this in and my body was shaking. I didn't know what to do but this anger was taking over faster than my brain. At first all I saw was red and then everything was black.....

Zaria

I woke up to my mom coming into my room. My old room. "Baby how are you?" She said as she sat on the bed. "Fine." I was lying. That was the biggest lie I've ever told. "Do you know what happened last night? You came in so late. We had already ate cake and celebrated. I heard you come in and you went straight to your bed. Wheres your boyfriend? What's wrong?" My head started to hurt, she was asking me too much. "Nothing Ma." "Baby, you have a gash on your head, your face and arms are swollen. What happened?" "NOTHING." My mom shook her head before walking out. Nothing happened..... That's what I wanted to believe. That nothing happened. That the boy that I love for 3 years of my life didn't hurt me more than anyone has ever did. Physically and emotionally. Did that really happen last night? When was I gonna wake up from this bad nightmare? Wake up to a smiling DJ in my bed while Daniel walked in with breakfast on a tray, just for me. Daniel. Sharp pains shot through my head again, I closed my eyes. The tears from last night then came again, I cried like crazy. Then I fell asleep.

"Zaria, wake up." I heard a voice say. I opened my eyes to see Jacob hovering over my bed. He was concentrating on me. Not my face though, he was looking at my head. The huge gash on my head. The huge gash caused by the person I love. Tears caught up in my throat again and my chest heaved. Why me? Why did I deserve this? Jacob looked so concerned, he sat next to me and wrapped his arms around me. Like he always did. He was my life saver. If I was living for anything or anybody, it was him. "Jake..." I cried out. "Shhh.. tell me later." I cried. Like I did this morning. Like I did all last night. I loved Jacob. But I also loved Daniel. I still loved him?

"Happy belated birthday Momma." I said the next morning. Yesterday, I stayed in bed all day not speaking at all. My phone was off and I knew I had a photo shoot today and an interview but I didn't care. What am I supposed to tell the world? That I'm weak? "Thank you baby." She kissed my forehead and rubbed my back as she got a glass of water. I could feel the tension in the room. My mom wanted to know what happen. So did my stepdad. So did Jacob. But... I didn't want to speak on it. I wanted it to just disappear like it never happened. "Zaria, you have to tell somebody." I looked up to see my stepdad who had just came into the kitchen with Jacob behind him. I swallowed and I could feel my throat swelling. The tears started to build up and I tried to keep them back. I knew if I spoke they would come. "The other day....." I began as I took a deep breath. Jacob sat next to me, looking me in eyes. What would he do once he found out? He was always protective of me. I closed my eyes, here we go.