Chapter 15

Jacob

Today was my party and everything was starting off great. I had the hottest spot. I was actually proud of how I got all of this together in two days. All of my friends and family were invited and it was the talk of the weekend. I was with Maya at home getting dressed for this party. We've been hanging out for awhile. "So when do you plan on moving out?" She asked randomly. "Moving out? That's a good question, well I'm going on the road soon so I guess I'll worry about that after tour." "Sounds legit. But boo, I'm gonna miss you these next 3 months." Maya said grabbing my arm, I turned to her and grabbed her waist. "Come with me." Hmmm let me think. YES!" I smiled and kissed her. We weren't dating but it something close. When I was with her, I was like 'Zaria who?' "Let's get going." I said. I got to the party and let me tell you it was hot. I went to one of the main tables and sat down. I was sitting with Maya and drinking. I was hoping she got drunk so I could hit. Don't judge me. "Aye Jacob, whats good boy?" I looked up to see one of my friends Khalil. "My man." I said as we dapped. "This party hot!" "Thanks dude, enjoy yourself." "I am. Believe me when I say, I'm about to grab me one of these fine ass chicks and head to the back. Speaking of fine chicks, where is your sister at?" He rambled. "I haven't seen her all day. She should be here already or on her way I don't know." ";Cool cool, well I'm gonna hit you up later, when she gets her tell her to meet me by the bar, aight?" He walked away. I laughed at how all of my friends just automatically think Zaria is going to talk to them. I looked down at Maya and smiled to her. She smiled back and talked back to her friends. I seen the Blades walk through the door and waved my hand from them to come over. Spin Roger and Diggy came by and all of them greeted me. It was a little tense shaking Diggy's hand but I just brushed it off, I was here to have a good time. "Who is this?" Roger asked motioning to Maya. "Oh guys this is Maya. Maya this is Roger Diggy and Spin. Maya is my..." "Girlfriend." She said and stood up to kiss me. "Girlfriend." Spin repeated. Diggy raised his eyebrows but didn't say anything. "Um Diggy, wheres Zaria" I asked him. "I don't know." He said as he facial expression changed. "They broke up." Roger said and Diggy gave him a look. "Forreal? What happened?" I asked, starting to get concerned. "Uh..." Diggy said. "He got another girl pregnant, Jetun to be exact." Roger answered. "Rog!" Diggy yelled. Damn, Zaria didn't tell me about this? She was probably hurt as fuck. I had an impulse to just bust Diggy upside his head but I stopped myself. Diggy looked at me like he knew what I was thinking. "Its whatever, aslong as you didn't get her pregnant." I said and he nodded. We chatted together for a few more minutes. When I felt someone tap my shoulder, I looked up to see Lyric. Who in the hell invited her? "Hey baby." She said. "Lyric what the hell?" Maya grabbed my arm and Lyric looked at us."Your with her? What about us?" "Lyric there hasn't been an us since forever. Let it go." Lyric looked at me more hurt than anything. I'm not gonna lie to myself, she looked good but I don't want anything to do with her. "Jacob that's fine. I understand." "Good." Isaid as she walked away. "Who is she?" Maya asked. "This girl who won't leave me alone. Hopefully she will now." Maya laughed and I put my arms around her. "No worries though, you're all I need." She leaned in and I kissed her.

Zaria

I walked into Jacob's party, confident as ever. I had Marica by my side and I felt pretty as hell. "Zaria!" I heard someone yell from behind me. I turned around to see Marqus. "Hey boo."; I said and we hugged. "You look nice" He complimented. "Thanks." I smiled. "I'll talk to you later, save me a dance." He said and I nodded before walking away. I chatted and danced with a few people as Marica went off to find someone. "Zaria, hey." I turned toward the voice to see Twist. "Oh." was all I could say. "Me and your brother are cool now, if you're wondering why I'm here." "Yeah, ha I kinda was." "I just wanna say sorry. For everything. I apologize." "Apology accepted Chris." We hugged and I laughed. We danced to a few songs and I was feeling relieved. I was always so scared of finally seeing Twist again. "Lets go find Jacob." I suggested, I went to the tables at the far right of the club. I got closer with Twist behind me. The closer we got, I saw a couple kissing like the world was about to end. "Jacob?" I yelled. Jacob looked up at me and back to the girl he was just face fucking. Why did this seem like Deja Vú? "Zaria this is Maya, Maya this is Zaria, my step sister." "And who is she?" I asked, ignoring Maya's hand outstretched for mines. "A friend." He said, looking me in eyes. "Jacob can we talk?" I asked, nodding towards the balcony. "Yeah whatever." He excused himself and followed me out to the balcony. He grabbed both of my hands and stared into my eyes once we were out sight of everyone. "Who is she?" "A girl I'm talking to." I was happy he was being honest, but also jealous. "She knows your going on tour right? And that I'm coming with you?" "I kinda invited her as well, this morning." "Well uninvite her." "Not that easy babe." "Kinda is, I'll do it for you." I tried to walk back into the party but Jacob's grip on my arm was tight and he brought me back into our position. "You didn't tell me you broke up with Diggy?" "So?Doesn't matter?" "Yes it does. Your single, I'm single....." "What are you saying?" "I really don't know." "Why do we always end up getting back together or splitting up at parties?" We laughed and he started to kiss neck. "Jacob no." I said softly. "I want you back." He sorta cried into my neck as he kissed me all the way up to my jawline. "I want you back too baby, but not now." "Why don't you want me?" Jacob said, looking at me now, hurt evident in his eyes. "Because." "Because what?" "Jacob, let's not do this tonight okay? Go back to Maya." I brushed him off and let go off his hand. "Back to Maya...... Well go find Diggy, he's probably fucking another girl." "Not funny." I knew he was just saying shit to piss me off because he was mad, so I didn't let it get to me. I kissed him one last time until it got too carried away. I pulled away and looked him in the eyes. "See you in the morning...." I whispered before walking back into the party.