Chapter 53

Tomo and Jared walked away, leaving me and Shannon to ourselves.

"Shan, I don't want to tell my dads about this. What if Anna hurts them? What if Sean-?" he cut me off.

"We are going to tell them that you fell and got hurt. We know what will happen if they find out. We will talk sense into Jason about Anna. We will do all we can." he hugged me. I sniffled and tried to sit up properly, but failed.

"Tyler?" I heard a familiar voice. I turned my head and saw a skinny boy with black messy hair and his clothes were hanging off of him as if he were a twig.

"Gage?" I will admit, I know I hate him, but this kid was there for me when I first got to the orphanage, he just changed over time as I knew him.

"Oh my god, it's incredible to see you again." he smiled.

"Gage, what happened to you? Why aren't you in Arizona?" I got worried.

"I got adopted, then I ran away because they didn't like me. I've been homeless for about 3 weeks now." he sighed.

"Shannon, please help me up," I said. Shannon got his arm around me to help me stand. I looked at Gage before hugging him.

"I'm sorry. I really am, all those times that you were mad and scared of me. I wish they never happened." Gage whispered and sobbed.

"Gage, I forgive you. I did a long time ago." I looked at him. He wiped his tears and smiled.

"Thank you, Tyler," Gage said. Jared and Tomo came back.

"Ty, who's your friend?" Tomo asked.

"Guys, this is Gage. He got adopted from my old orphanage. Gage, you remember Jared. This is his brother, Shannon, and their best friend, Tomo." Gage smiled at them and turned back to me.

"I- I have to go."

"Where? You don't have a home."

"I do. You wouldn't be happy about it."

"Why not?"

"Well, let's just say that the person who I'm staying with is abusive if I don't come home on time." he sighed.

"Come with us," Shannon told him. Gage stared at him in surprise.

"Wait, what?" he asked.

"You heard him, come with us. Please, Gage." I gave him the puppy eyes.

"I can't he will find me. I'm sorry. I'll see you later. It was nice meeting you guys. Good to see you, Jared." Gage ran off. I sighed as Tomo put his arm around me to support me.

"Come on, darling. Let's get you home." we got in the car. I cuddled into Shannon and he combed through my hair as we went to my house.