Chapter 49

"Tyler, you ready to see Jason again?" Joe asked me.

"Yep." I got my bag and went to get off the plane. My dads held my hand as we went outside the airport.

"Jason should be right outside." I nodded at Dad's words.

We walked outside the doors and, as he said, Jason was standing there. I ran to him and hugged him.

"Uncle Jas!" I shouted.

"Tyler! I missed you so much." he twirled me around. He put me down and we went to the car.

"Ok, when we get home, I want to show you my girlfriend." Jason smiled. 

We pulled into the driveway and I got out with Brad, he put his arm around me and kissed my head. Jason led us inside, there was a girl sitting on the couch.

"Babe, this is my brother's band and his daughter. They are going to stay with us for a couple of weeks. Guys, this is my girlfriend, Anna." Dad smiled at her, then ran outside. Jason was going to chase after him, but Chester and I were already out the door.

We found him sitting under a tree.

"Dad, what's wrong? Why did you run like that?" I asked. Dad hugged me and stroked my hair.

"Sweetie, before I met Chester, I used to date a girl, the same girl your uncle is dating right now. She bullied me ever since she found out that I was with Chester." I hugged my dad's neck and Chester comforted him while he cried.

"We will work this out, Dad," I whispered. Chester looked at me and smiled.

"Come on, Mike. Let's go back." I was between them when we walked home.

We got home and Jason looked at Dad in worry, Mike just brushed it off and locked himself in his room. Everyone else was either in their room or outside, except for Anna.

"Look, I know about your dad. I know what he did. Now you will listen to me or else he and that faggot of a boyfriend get hurt." she stood up and faced me. I gulped and nodded. She turned and walked away. That was weird.

"Tyler, wanna come outside? We are playing water balloon fight." Rob came to me. I shook my head.

"Sorry, I'm not feeling so good," I said. I went to my dads' room and knocked on the door.

"Come in," Mike said, muffled. I opened the door and lay on the bed next to him.

"Dad, I want to go." 

"But you haven't gotten to know her." I shook my head.

"I know enough." he sighed.

"We don't have anywhere to go right now. Give it 2 days. Then we will see what happens. But, for now, I just want to be with you, Ty." he kissed my head.

"Alright. I love you, Dad." I played with his hand.

"I love you too, kiddo." he closed his eyes and fell asleep.