Chapter 5

"Tyler? Tyler, where are you?" I heard Chester and Mike shout. I could see them, they couldn't see me. I tried to scream, but nothing came out. They walked away, everything started fading-

I sat upright and started panting. I was sweating and breathing heavy.

"Calm down, Tyler. It was only a dream- oh, who am I kidding? That never works on me." I got up and went to my Dads' room. I walked over to Chester's side of the bed, I shook him awake.

"Tyler, what's the matter?"

"I had a nightmare." he held his arms out, I layed in them.

"Go to sleep, I'll be here to protect you." he whispered.

"I love you, Dad."

"I love you too, kid." he said. I fell asleep, this time it was dreamless.

-------
I woke up to Chester's arms around me. He looked so peaceful, I stayed there until he woke up.

"Morning, kiddo." he said.

"Good morning, Dad." I got up and went to my room to change. I was brushing my hair when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Mike walked in.

"Hey, Dad number 2." I giggled 

"Hey, Tyler. Chester and I are going to take you shopping, so we can get you new clothes, or in this case, we can take you to the studio and get you more shirts." I hugged him.

"Thanks, Dad." he lifted me off the ground when he hugged me back.

"You're welcome. What do you want for breakfast?"

"Um, I really don't eat breakfast, but I'm hungry. So, are pancakes ok?"

"I can make pancakes." he put me down.

"Man, I didn't want to walk down the stairs." I fake pouted. Mike picked me up and threw me on the couch. I followed him to the kitchen, he started rapping Bleed It Out.

"I love that song, besides I can't rap the song in some parts."

"Is it because of the curse words? Because honestly we don't care." he flipped a pancake.

"Ok. If I even curse in a song, Ms. Lexington would kill me."

"But she can't now." he smiled and gave me the pancakes.

"Thanks, Dad. For everything." I hugged him.

"Wait, he gets a hug and a thanks, but I don't. Come on, I chased the nightmare away last night." Chester pouted. I walked to him and gave him a bear hug. He returned it and he lifted me off my feet. I finished eating and we got in the car.

"So, let's go to the mall, then the studio." Mike said.