Chapter 2

Skin to bone, steal to rust
Ash to ashes, dust to dust

I woke up to Skin To Bone playing on my iPod. I got out of my bed and put on my black jeans, a grey Linkin Park shirt, and a black beanie. I stepped out the door, not bothering to eat breakfast, and walked to school. I was early enough that I didn't bump into anybody.

15 minutes to kill. School starts at 7:20. I went to the woods and climbed a tree, my favorite thing to do. I was resting on a branch when I heard some voices coming my way. I stopped humming and looked at them. I recognized those voices from somewhere-. I lost my grip and fell out the tree.

"Holy Fuck! Where did you come from?" the one with ginger hair said.

"Phoenix, be nice." the guy with spiked hair said. That voice.

"I don't think she knows who we are." the man with curly hair whispered to Phoenix, I assuming is his name.

"I heard that! And should I know who you are?"

"If you listen to that band you should." the other guy with the familiar voice said and pointed to my shirt.

"You guys sound like I've heard you from somewhere." I pointed to the 2.

"We are Linkin Park, hun." I stood there, stunned that I was staring at my idols.

"What's your name?"

"Tyler."

"Well, Tyler, I am Chester, this is Joe, Rob, Brad, Mike, and Phoenix." he pointed to each one. I looked at my watch, I was 30 minutes late to school.

"Shoot." I said.

"What's wrong?" Mike asked.

"I'm too late to go in to school, and if I go home, I'll get grounded." I said.

"Well, it's our day off, so if it's alright, maybe you could show us around?" Chester suggested. My eyes lit up. I know this town inside out.

"Thanks." I hugged them. We started walking. I showed them most of the town by the time school came out.

"We'll walk you home, if you want." Rob smiled.

"Sure." I didn't tell them I lived in the orphanage. We got near my home and I heard someone yell my name. I cursed quietly to myself.

"You live here?" Phoenix asked.

"Yeah. Thanks again for letting me hang out with you guys, bye." I hugged them and went inside.

"Tyler, the principle called and said that you weren't in school, again." Ms. Lexington shouted at me.

"Sorry for getting there early then I got held up." I said and ran to my room, once I flopped on the bed, I was asleep.