Chapter 25

We got home and there was another car in the driveway. I looked over at Jason. He was smiling.

"Yes! Mom and Dad are here." we got out and went inside.

"Tyler, these are your grandparents, Donna and Muto." Dad smiled and said.

"Hi." I sat next to Dad.

"She gets shy around people she doesn't know very well. But she will get used to you, like she does with Jason." he explained.

"Jason, Mike, would you like to help me cook dinner?" Muto asked. They want in the kitchen and Donna came out and talked with Chester.

I was standing in the kitchen doorway, watching them cook. More like watching Jas and Muto cook while Dad is sitting on the counter, playing on his phone.

I took a picture and sent it to his phone saying I see you. He looked over at me, signaling he got the text. I gave him a toothy grin and walked to him.

"Hey, Dad. Why aren't you cooking?" I sat next to him.

"Your uncle technically pushed me out of the way." he laughed. Soon, we all joined in.

The food was amazing. While we were eating, Muto was telling embarrassing stories about Dad and uncle Jason. 

"....When we told Jason he was going to boarding school, you should have seen Mike's face. He was ecstatic... is that the word?" Muto looked at Donna, who nodded. Dad was covering his face, trying to hide. All of us shared funny stories after that.

After we ate a delicious meal, my grandparents left.

"I'm going to bed." I yawned.

"Ok. Goodnight, sweetheart." Chester hugged me.

"Night, guys."