Chapter 12

*Still at the CCPD* Emma's POV

After Iris left, Barry and I continued running tests on the skin samples. When we were finished we left the lab and when we went downstairs, everyone was talking and moving around urgently. "Captain, what's going on?" Barry asked.

"Not now, Barry. An armed gunman is shooting up Stagg Industries," Captain Singh said.

"Joe's there," I said to Barry. When nobody was looking, Barry ran me to STAR Labs while he got his suit and went to Stagg Industries.

Barry's POV

After I raced to Stagg Industries, I found Joe and Eddie with Simon Stagg. "Get him out of here, I'll cover you," Joe said to Eddie, "ready, GO!" Eddie stayed in his spot. "Go!" Joe yelled again.

"No!" Eddie yelled back. I raced Joe and Stagg out of the building and I raced back.

"Whoever you are, give yourself up," I said.

"Sorry. We're not going anywhere--" The gunman started. He started to grow clones from his body. "Until Simon Stagg is dead," all the clones said together. I started fighting them. They came at me from all directions and I had to admit, they beat me up. Eddie started shooting the gunmen off me but one escaped and Eddie didn't notice. I raced out of Stagg Industries before Eddie could see me.

*At STAR Labs* Emma's POV

Barry groaned again when Caitlin was cleaning his wound. "Sorry. The abrasions are already rapidly healing," Caitlin said as she finished up. I pulled a chair up to Barry and say down.

"Yeah, I got my ass handed to me," Barry said disappointedly.

"You got blood on my suit," Cisco said.

"I think some of it belongs to him," I laughed.

"Another not-so-friendly metahuman," Barry said.

"Danton Black. He's a bio-geneticist specialized in therapeutic cloning. Growing new organs to replace failing ones. Apparently Stagg stole his research and then fired him," Dr. Wells informed.

"I saw Black create duplicates from his own body," Barry said. I took his hand and gave it a squeeze. He looked down at me and smiled.

"That's pretty ironic. The guy specialized in cloning and now he can make xeroxes of himself," Cisco said.

"If he was experimenting on himself when he was exposed to the dark matter wave released by the particle accelerator explosion--" Caitlin started.

"Meet Captain Clone," Cisco cutoff. I stifled a laugh and Barry hid his amused smile with his hand.

"Don't worry, I'll come up with something cooler," Cisco said. We Barry get up and walk towards the entrance of the Cortex.

"Where are you going?" Caitlin asked. "Joe was right. I'm in way over my head. Yeah, I'm fast, but I am no warrior. Man, I could barely fight one meta-human, let alone six," Barry said disappointedly.

"Barry," I pleaded.

"I understand. Today was a setback. But any grand enterprise has them. And we can never learn to fly without crashing a few times," Dr. Wells said.

"This wasn't a grand enterprise, Dr. Wells. This was a mistake," Barry said before walking out. Everyone looked to me after Barry left.

"What?" I asked.

"You're his best friend," Caitlin stayed.

"Yeah, I'm also a brunette Caitlin," I said.

Caitlin rolled her eyes and said "I mean you are his best friend, go get him."

"Ohhh, okay...yeah......I'll go do...do that... now," I said before getting up and running out of the Cortex. I don't have super speed but I am still pretty fast, I was in track when I was in high school. By the time I left the Cortex, Barry was gone. There was only one place he would go right now to talk to someone....Jitters.