Chapter 13

Barry's POV

I knew it wasn't smart to leave Emma at STAR Labs because she would most likely follow me anyway. I raced back to STAR Labs only to find Emma on her phone, her back facing me. I crept up behind her and said "Boo!"

"OH MY GOD!" Emma said. I spun her to face me and I was laughing. Emma slowly went from scared to angry.

"You scared me!" Emma said, while playfully pushing my shoulder.

"I'm sorry...hey, I'm sorry okay?" I said pulling Emma in for a hug. I heard her giggling against me. "You little liar," I smiled while pulling away, when I looked at her, her grin turned into the cute laugh of hers that I have grown to love. I couldn't help but laugh as well.

"Why did you come back?" Emma asked, still laughing.

"For you," I said.

"Okay, then let's go," Emma said putting her arms up indicating that I carry her. I picked her up and ran to Jitters.

*CC Jitters*

I stopped running 2 blocks before Jitters, to make it seem like we had walked there. When we had walked into Jitters, we saw Eddie watching the news so we sat with him. Eddie was on tv getting interviewed, so when he was shown, Emma smiled and elbowed him while nodding in the direction of the tv. "Detective, was the gunman apprehended?" a reporter asked Eddie.

"The shooter's whereabouts are unknown at this time. We consider him armed and extremely dangerous. Thank you. No more questions," Eddie said to the reporters on tv.

"Nice work Eddie," I said.

"Nah. Right place, right time," he said humbly.

"No, you were a hero today," Emma encouraged.

Eddie smiled at us before saying, "CCPD still has a killer on the loose. I should get back to the precinct."

"Okay," Emma and I said simultaneously. Eddie looked at us weirdly.

"Old habit, when we were younger, we thought so alike, we said the same things at the same times," Emma clarified. Eddie nodded and walked out.

"Hey Emma, remember that one time in middle school, we were lab partners. We freaked the whole class out by answering the same question at the same time with the same answers," I said smiling at the memory.

"Yeah, I was one of my favorite memories with you, that and the time we both didn't have dates for Prom," Emma said.

"And Iris had one so she ditched us?" I asked.

"Yup, and you asked me to go as friends so we didn't seem more nerdy and lonely than we already were. And when we were dancing, I helped you work up the courage to talk to your crush Becky Cooper. You got your confidence but when you went up to her, you tripped and spilled your drink on her," Emma laughed.

"And she still agreed to be my girlfriend," I chuckled. By the time Emma was finished talking, we had reached the counter to talk to Iris.

"You go sit, I will get her," Emma said.

"Okay," I said. I walked to a table and sat down. What am I going to say to Iris....I can't tell her too much or else it will reveal my alter ego....and I can't say too little or else it will make me seem even more distant than before. I was broken from my train of thought when Iris sat down across from me, Emma sitting diagonal to us both. Here goes nothing....