Chapter 22

Emma's POV  *walking into the CCPD*

"Welcome to the CCPD," I said waving my arms around dramatically. All the other officers around gave me strange looks but shrugged it off, I was one half of the lab rat duo so they expect me to be strange.

"So this is your guys's day job," Caitlin said smiling.

"Mmhmm," Barry hummed." Just then a suspect walked between us. Barry and I were on one side and Caitlin was on the other.

"I'm gonna rip out your hearts and eat 'em for lunch," the guys said creepily.

I rolled my eyes and looked to Barry who shook his head while Caitlin said sarcastically, "Delightful." We started walking towards the stairs when we were interrupted.

"Lab rats, I need prints off this gun. You two can go make out later," an officer said shoving a gun in an evidence bag into my hand and walking away. Barry and I blushed deeply and I turned to glare at Eddie who was at his desk watching us with a smirk. He had obviously told everyone at the CCPD that we were about to kiss. Caitlin gave us a look but we both ignored it.

"Allen, Raymond! Where the hell is the fiber analysis on the Orloff case?" Captain Singh said marching towards us.

"Upstairs, it's all finished. I can just run up and bring it down," Barry said.

We all started walking towards the stairs when Captain Singh said, "With you two, that could be three days from now. I'll go with you." He turned to Caitlin, "Who are you?"

"Dr. Caitlin Snow, Barry's personal physician," Caitlin said proudly.

"She's one of the doctors that helped Barry in the coma. She is visiting just to check up on him," I said to Singh so it would sound more believable. We were now walking to the lab while Barry was speeding around the lab quickly while we distracted Singh.

"The fiber analysis report like you asked for sir," Barry said stopping right before Singh saw him.

"Clean up your lab. It's a mess," Singh said walking downstairs. We I sat down on a spinny chair while Barry examined the poison gas sample. When we was done, he pulled up a chair next to me and sat down while Caitlin looked around his lab.

"Can I ask you two a question you guys don't have to answer?" Barry asked us out of nowhere.

"Go for it Bartholomew," I said.

At the same time Caitlin said, "My least favorite type of question."

"Ronnie, what was he like?" Barry asked. My mood had immediately gone down. "Well you two never really talk about him that much," Barry said obviously noticing our change in mood.

"Well, as you know, we were very close. He treated Michael and I like his younger brother and sister. If anything was wrong, I could go to him knowing that he would cheer me up. When...my dad died, the first person I thought of going to was Ronnie because I knew he would find a way to make me feel better. And he did. He told me that my dad was a hero and that he saved a lot of people doing what he did. That's what motivated me to get in touch with you-know-who in Gotham," I said to Barry.

"Who's you-know-who?" Caitlin interrogated.

"Oh just someone I worked with in Gotham. His work was similar to that of my dad's. He works with GCPD a lot," I answered vaguely.

"So a police officer?" Caitlin asked.

"You could say that..."

"Then why didn't you say police officer....unless," Caitlin caught on, "You didn't work with Batman did you?"