Chapter 30

Emma's POV

Barry and I broke into smiles at the sight of Felicity Smoak in our lab. He let out a laugh and I hugged Felicity. She gladly returned the hug and we pulled away from each other. Felicity smiled at us then turned to Iris. "Hi, Felicity Smoak," she beamed as she introduced herself. She stuck her hand out and Iris took it.

"Iris West," Iris smiled as she shook Felicity's hand.  

"Barry Allen," Barry said out of nowhere while pointing at himself. We gave him questioning looks. "But you three already knew that," he quickly added.

"You're such a goof," I laughed as I nudged Barry lightly. Barry looked back at me and grinned. I looked into his emerald green eyes as he stared into my chocolate brown ones. Both of us smiling. It felt like we were the only ones in the world....until Felicity cleared her throat and Iris fake coughed. Barry and I quickly looked away from each other and blushed.

"Don't mind them, they do that a lot. They like to show their love for each other by staring into each other's eyes," Iris laughed. Barry and I blushed even more. Felicity smiled at the two of us. Iris smirked and gave us knowing looks just like Joe did earlier.

"Felicity is--" Barry started.

"The girl that you met in Starling City. The computer-er right?" Iris asked looking to Felicity for confirmation. Felicity nodded. "You two worked on one of Barry's unexplainable cases," Iris continued. 

"Which, long story short is definitely explainable," Felicity quickly spoke. Barry nodded and I smiled. 

"Emma, how do you  know Felicity?" Iris asked me. Barry and Felicity's eyes both widened. They both had their mouths open as if they were going to say something. They both decided to not say anything because they are terrible at improvising. It's not that I awesome at it, I'm just better than them at it. I decided to be really vague and withhold a majority of the details of the story of how I met Felicity. 

"When I was in Gotham, I visited Starling with a friend. We were around Queen Consolidated when we bumped into Felicity. We talked for a bit and became friends. I helped her and her friends with something they were having trouble with and we've been in contact since then," I said vaguely. Iris nodded and Felicity gave me a thumbs up that only I could see since I figured out a believable excuse on how we met in such short notice.

"So the lightning..came through here?" Felicity asked. Barry looked flustered as he looked at the sunroof while Iris and I looked at him.

"Yeah," Barry finally breathed. Felicity kept questioning Barry about the lighting and Iris eventually had to go back to work so she left. Once Iris left, Felicity began questioning me about Gotham's Batman. We decided to have a change of scenery since people kept walking in while I was answering my Batman questions. We decided to go to one of the parks in Central City because Felicity said it was more cheerful here than in Starling City.

~~~

"Iris is very nice. Also in other news, Barry and Emma, you two are really cute together. Congratulations guys," Felicity said once we walked into the park. Barry and I looked at each other with our eyes wide.

"We're not dating," I blurted.

"We're just friends," Barry burst out. I looked at him and he seemed kind of sad while saying it. Does he feel the same way I do?

"Best  friends," I swiftly added.  

"Oh, that's....interesting, I guess," Felicity stated. Something about her tone made it seem like she didn't believe us though. 

"What are you really doing here? I thought you said you were busy with Oliver," I inquired. 

"It's good to see you but do you and Oliver need something?" Barry questioned further. 

"No, no. I just came because I wanted to see you two. I heard you were out of the coma and I heard what happened with your cousin. Didn't call, didn't write, didn't race over," Felicity said. Barry and I both looked at each other because we finally understood why she was here. Barry furrowed his eyebrows and looked around at the park before looking back at Felicity.

"Oliver told you?" Barry clarified. 

"Honestly I heard you three talking on that rooftop in Starling City that night," Felicity admitted. Barry grinned and looked down.

"I thought I heard something near the door," I mumbled. Barry and Felicity both looked at me with amused expressions and I smiled cheesily. 

"I wanna see it," Felicity revealed. Barry raised his eyebrows and I laughed lightly. "And by it, I mean your speed. In case you thought I was talking about something else..which I--which I was not," Felicity quickly rambled. Barry and I laughed. 

"Okay," Barry spoke between laughs. "Uh..okay you see that building," Barry spoke as he pointed to an apartment building. 

"Uh huh," Felicity confirmed. 

"Keep your eyes on it," Barry smiled. I looked at Barry and took his hands in mine. 

"Don't faint, and don't burn anything," I smiled. Barry laughed and nodded while Felicity watched the whole exchange with a smirk. I let go of his hands and Felicity and I turned back to the building. Barry raced there and back. When he got back he had his phone out with a picture on it. Felicity was breathing hard and took the phone out of Barry's hand.

"You took a picture of us, from the top of that building?" Felicity questioned. 

"Yup," Barry smiled. 

"Don't instagram that," Barry and I joked at the same time. We looked at each other and smiled. 

"Unbelievable," Felicity breathed as she zoomed in on us. "Your shoes are smoking!" Felicity freaked out.  Barry quickly pat his shoes on the ground and put out his shoe fire.

"I thought I told you not  to burn anything," I smiled while poking Barry in the chest. He once again caught my finger before it could touch him and he smiled. 

"That's fine, it happens sometimes. It's why I have a friction proof suit," Barry smirked. 

"Where did you get that?" Felicity questioned. Barry and I looked at each other and grinned.

"We'll show you," I smiled when I turned back to Felicity. Barry, Felicity, I left the park and started walking to STAR Labs.