Chapter 26

Damian didn't go on his mission right away. He wanted me to help him make adjustments to his suit so it wasn't has laughable and embarrassing. A few days after we finished altering the suit was when Damian went on his first mission as Robin. It was late when Bruce and Damian went on their mission. I would have stayed but Dick was awake so I decided to go to sleep. I woke up to yelling. I got out of bed and made my way downstairs. There was nobody in the living room or Bruce's study so I eventually concluded that the yelling was coming from the Batcave. I went downstairs and I saw a random scientist in the Batcave. "D-Nightwing? What the heck is happening.

"Oh, ohhh! Em! What are you doing up!?" Dick asked as he ran towards me. The scientist looked in our direction and Dick immediately noticed and blocked me from the scientist's view.

"What's going on?" I asked him.

"Here come with me, I'll explain away from him," Dick told me as he covered my face. 

"Why are you covering my face?" I questioned.

"Well, there is just a scientist here who doesn't know our identities so it would be smart to," Dick replied exasperated.

"Are you wearing your mask?" I asked.

"Yep. OH! That's a great idea! We'll get one of the Robin masks. You are a genius Em," Dick said. I finally understood why he was calling me 'Em'. He didn't want to give my name away to the scientist. Dick still had his hands over my face as he led me to where the spare Robin masks were.

"Do you really think this will fit me?" I asked.

"It has to, you're a fairly tiny person and Damian is a kid so it should work," Dick replied.

"I am NOT tiny!" I argued.

"Hate to break it to ya hun but you are," Dick said putting the Robin mask on my face.

"I probably look ridiculous," I complained.

"It's okay, it's only until Batman and Robin get back," Dick said.

"Fine," I complied.

"Yo! Scientist! What's your name?" I asked.

"D-Doctor Langstrom," the scientist or Dr. Langstrom stuttered.

"Is he the guy Bruce and Damian went after earlier?" I whispered to Dick.

"Yup, but they are coming back in a little bit. They dropped him off and then Bruce said that he needed to talk to Damian alone. And by that I think he meant that he didn't want to accidentally wake you and have you be upset at him," Dick said. I looked at Dick confused and he smiled lightly. "Em, do you really need me to spell it out for you?" Dick asked. I nodded and he spoke very slowly and quietly, "Damian is in trouble."

"What? Why?" I asked. I get that Damian needs to have boundaries and he needs to learn but the kid was raised by Ra's and Talia Al Ghul, who for the record aren't exactly known for their parenting skills.

"He kinda threatened Langstrom and blew their cover. And by blew their cover, I mean threw Langstrom through the wall which alerted almost everyone that Batman and Robin were there," Dick smirked.

"Oh stop being so smug! The kid is ten and he was raised by Ra's Al Ghul and Talia Al Ghul who aren't exactly the best people to be raising kids," I defended Damian.

"Yeah yeah. This is probably why Bruce didn't want you here to witness the yelling," Dick said.

"No, I get why he's in trouble. I would have told him off as well. Maybe not yell but I would have told him in a way that would get through to him. You two can't biting his head off. Talk to him, get to know him. Dick, he is kinda like your half-brother now," I said.