Chapter 14

*At Jitters* Barry's POV

"So did you come here for caffeine, or are you finally going to tell me what's going on with you?" Iris asked as she sat down.

"Yeah, but first, can I order some food?" I asked. Emma raised her eyebrows at me trying not to laugh and Iris looked confused.

"Uuhh, yeah what do you want?" Iris asked getting up so she could get the foor.

"Can I have a Vanilla Bean Latte?" Emma asked.

"Yeah sure," Iris said smiling at Emma.

"Can I get two cups of decaf, sixteen double chocolate chip muffins, and sixteen blueberry muffins?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll go get that..." Iris said walking away.

"By the way, I'm taking one double chocolate chip muffin and blueberry muffin from you," Emma said smiling.

"Why do you think I ordered 16 of each?" I laughed. Emma smiled and was about to say something when her phone started buzzing. She took it out read her texts messages.

"What are you doing?" I asked still smiling.

"Nothing," Emma said smiling at her phone.

"If it's nothing, can I seeee," I asked whining like a three year old.

"Fine sure, but later though and I'm showing you only because you're cute," Emma said laughing. She thinks I'm cute.....YES!!

"Wait....you think I'm cute?...." I said wiggling my eyebrows. "Don't push it you weirdo....and maaaybee, we can talk about is later," Emma giggling while playfully shoving me.

"Okaay," I said smirking as she quoted the exact words I had said after Simon Stagg's awards ceremony got attacked. I knew exactly how we would start this talk....

Soon Iris came back with the food, I gave Emma one double chocolate muffin, and one blueberry muffin while Iris gave her the Vanilla Bean Latte. Emma smiled in thanks, and I started eating the 15 blueberry muffins first...at a normal human speed of course.

Emma's POV

As Barry ate his muffins, Iris and I stared at him.

"Guess you were hungry," Iris said as Barry finished.

"Stress eating," Barry said. When Iris gave him a look, he quickly understood what she was thinking. "Ah. I came to say I'm sorry. And you're right. I have been distant," Barry said.

"Correct" Iris said.

"Kind of a jerk," I said, teasing Barry. Barry playfully glared at me while Iris took the whole scene in proudly for some reason.

"You should apologize more often. You are really sensational at it," Iris said.

"Mhmm. So..." Barry continued.

"What were you going to tell me the other day?" Iris asked.

"Thought I had to do something. Something I thought was important, but it turns out that I'm not very good at it. But what I am good at is being your friend. So if you need help coming up with a new topic for your article--" Barry started.

"I found one. Something that actually interests me. I know this is gonna sound crazy... It's been all over the Internet this week. At a building fire... At a bank heist... Even the other night when those robbers shot at the security guard, he said he was whooshed outside. Something out there is saving people," Iris cut off. Barry and I made eye contact our eyes both wide.

"I thought you were taking journalism--" Barry started.

"Not science-fiction writing," I finished. "Ever since I have known you, you have believed in the impossible. What if you were right Barry? What if you were right about the night that your mom died? And Emma I know you saw that blur of lightning at Simon Stagg's acceptance speech place," Iris said. Barry's phone vibrated and he answered.

"Look, I told you I'm through.....we'll be right there," Barry said hanging up. Barry looked at me and I nodded standing up.

"Iris we have to go...sorry," I said.

"No problem...see you guys later," Iris said heading back to the counter. Barry and I walked out of Jitters and into an alleyway.

He picked me up while I said "Don't burn this jacket, it's new. And don't pass out." Barry smiled and shook his head.

"I'll try not to. Ready?" he asked. I nodded and he took off to STAR Labs.