Chapter 19

Barry's POV  *At movies*

It doesn't matter if you're the slowest kid in gym class or the fastest man alive. Every one of us is running. Being alive means running....running from something, running to something or someone. And no matter how fast you are, there's some things you can't outrun. Some things always manage to catch up to you.

"Regular movie scale, that was like a seven or an eight," Emma said as Iris, Emma, and I walked out of the movie theater.

"Zombie movie scale that was like a four tops," I finished for Emma.

Iris looked at us weirdly before saying, "There's a zombie movie scale?" Emma and I both nodded vigorously and Iris smiled at us.

"Did you know that zombies actually exist in nature?" Emma asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah, there's a species of fungi that infects ants-" I started.

"-causing the ants to attack plants that can release spores-" Emma added.

"-which in turn infect new hosts," we both finished together.

Emma was about to continue when I put my hand over her mouth and asked "We were going full nerd again weren't we?"

"Yep," Iris said laughing.

"Yeah...." I said trailing off. My hand was still over Emma's mouth so she LICKED IT. I looked at her disgusted and she just smiled at me. I shook my head laughing to myself.

"You two are still the cutest nerds I know,"Iris said, "Anyways I'm a lot more interested in the amazing as of late."

"You mean 'cause of this 'streak' thing?" Emma asked, making eye contact with me for a brief moment.

"He's out there, people are talking about him," Iris said.

"How do you even know it's he?" Emma asked.

"Maybe it's a she?" I added.

"It's a man okay. You know I am really intuitive about this kind of stuff. Someone even posted a picture after being yanked from a car accident. It's a red blur leaving the scene. Here, what do you see?" Iris said showing us her phone. She held it to my face making Emma having to stand on her toes to see it. Right when Iris puts her phone up to me, she gets a call......from Eddie.

"I see your boyfriend's calling," I said disappointed.

"Oh, I should probably get this. I'm crashing at his place tonight, and he's supposed to leave a key for me somewhere," Iris said walking away to answer it. While Iris was talking to Eddie, I must have looked disappointed because Emma looked up at me and rubbing my arm.

"It's okay Barry. She doesn't know what she's missing out on," Emma said. I smiled at her as was about say something when my phone started ringing. I gave Emma an apologetic look as I took it out and answered it. It was Cisco so I put it on speaker.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Code 237 on Waid Boulevard," Cisco said.

"Public indecency?" I asked confused as Emma silently laughed next to me.

"Wait, I think I meant 239," Cisco corrected.

"Dog leash violation?" Emma asked trying not to laugh as I was now silently laughing beside her.

"Bad man with a gun in a getaway car. Go!" Caitlin now said, obviously tired of Cisco's failed attempts at using police code. I looked at Emma for permission and she nodded. As soon as she did, I sped off not bothering to put my phone away.

Emma's POV

As soon I nodded, Barry sped off causing his phone to fall as I awkwardly tried to catch it. Barry was back not even seconds later but not bothering to catch his phone, he just watched me try to get a good grip on it....that jerk. When I finally caught it, Barry was smiling down at me. I fake glared at him. "Hey, you caught it," Barry said shrugging his shoulders. He was smiling that adorably goofy smile of his.

By the time that happened, Iris was finishing up her talk with Eddie. "Eddie says hi to you guys by the way," Iris said walking towards us oblivious to the fact that Barry had used his super speed just seconds ago.

"Nice of him, right Barry," I said elbowing him.

"What, oh yeah..You two wanna grab a bite? I'm famished," Barry said.

"Of course you are," I said rolling my eyes while smiling at him.

"After the Mongolian barbecue we had before the movie and the extra large popcorn you had at the movie? How are you not fat?" Iris asked.

"I've been jogging," Barry said winking at me. I rolled my eyes at him...again, when really I had butterflies about to explode in my stomach.

"Oh okay," Iris said believing what he said. We walked past a fancy restaurant with Barry on one side of me, his arm around my shoulder and Iris on the other side of me on her phone obviously texting Eddie about our new plans for food....thanks to Barry.