Chapter 36

"Cisco? What the heck is that?" I asked him when I saw he was holding a large machine that was emitting a blue light.

"This is the STAR Labs vacuum cleaner. I figured we could try to scare Snart, and get the cold gun back," Cisco explained. Felicity rode shotgun while Caitlin and Cisco were in the back.

"So, Felicity. How are things going in Starling?" I queried, trying to make conversation.

"Well, it could be better. What about Gotham? Heard anything from the big bad Bat? I heard he has a new Robin," Felicity asked. This caught Cisco's attention, seeing as he was leaning forward with a big grin.

"I went about a week ago. Took care of what I needed to, and I was back in a flash," I responded vaguely.

"Come on, elaborate. Tell us what he's like. Where does he operate? Does the Bat-Cave exist? Is he half man half bat? Do-"

"Cisco. There is nothing I can tell you. His operation is even more hush hush than the Arrow's," I explained. Cisco pouted and sat back in his seat while Caitlin shook her head in amusement. Suddenly, we saw a flash of yellow lightning and an explosion and we knew we had arrived.

We had finally reached the train station and ran inside. Joe saw us and pointed in the direction Barry ran. We jumped onto the tracks and ran, fumbling with the vacuum. As we ran, we saw Snart shoot Barry in the back with the cold gun.

"Pretty fast kid," Snart spoke, "but not fast enough." Barry grimaced in pain as he watched Snart. "Thank you."

"For what?" Barry groaned.

"You forced me to up my game, not only with this gun, but with how I think about the job. It's been educational."

"Drop it!" Cisco threatened. Cisco, Caitlin, Felicity, and I were holding up the vacuum as I flipped the switch to turn it on. "This is a proto-type cold gun. Four times the size, four times the power." I looked at Barry and saw him sigh in relief.

"I was wondering who you were talking to," Snart addressed Barry.

"Hey! Unless you want the taste of your own medicine, I'd back the hell up." Cisco drew his attention back to us.

"You're hands are shaking. You've never killed anyone," Snart brushed off Cisco. I let go of the machine and took the front part of the vacuum from Cisco's hands.

"He hasn't but I have. So do what he says, and back the hell up," I stated firmly.

"I'd listen to her if I were you, Captain Cold," Cisco spoke. Snart smirked, obviously liking the name.

"I will shoot you," I fumed, holding the vacuum at a more threatening angle. Snart looked at Barry, who was panting.

"You win, kid," he pointed his gun from Barry to the sky, "I'll see you around." As Snart walked off, we turned and faced the vacuum at him.

"Hey, leave the diamond," Cisco tried.

"Don't push your luck." Snart left and the ice around Barry melted. Felicity and Cailtin powered down the vacuum and set it on the ground.

"Couldn't shoot him if we wanted to. This is actually the S.T.A.R. Labs vacuum cleaner, with a lot of LEDs," Cisco laughed. I passed the vacuum to Cisco and ran over to Barry as Felicity did the same.

"Let's get you warm," Felicity spoke. Cisco knelt in front of Barry and offered his hand to help him up.

"Thank you," Barry told Cisco. As we walked down the tracks back to the van, Cisco spoke up with a query.

"Hey, Emma? Have you actually killed somebody?" I looked back at Cisco with a laugh.

"Yeah I was wondering that too," Felicity admitted.

"Guys! No, of course not. I would never kill someone," I told them. Cisco and Felicity simultaneously sighed in relief. I looked up at Barry, who Caitlin and I were helping walk, and grinned. He smiled back and we looked at each other for a while before we realized all eyes were on us. We then quickly looked away from each other and I blushed deeply. The rest of the walk to the van and then the ride to STAR Labs was silent, all of us too exhausted to speak. Once we reached STAR Labs, Barry was better because Caitlin had been treating him on the ride back. I decided to call it a night and head home, knowing full well Dick and Mikey were still up waiting for me.

"Guys if you don't mind, I'm going to head home. Dick and Mikey are waiting for me," I explained.

"Who and who?" Cisco asked.

"Of course you can Em. Tell Mikey I said 'Hi'," Caitlin responded as she hugged me.

"I will."

"I'll walk you out!" Barry and Felicity both stated at the same time. I smiled and gestured for them to come as I walked out of the Cortex.

"Have a good night you guys," I told Caitlin and Cisco as we walked out.

"You guys have a good team here," Felicity told us. Barry and I smiled at each other before we looked at her. She gave us a knowing look to which I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Yeah we know," Barry responded.

"Anyway. I'm going to head out soon too so, I'll see you next time Emma. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to call," Felicity told me. I nodded before responding.

"Right back at you. It was nice seeing you Felicity." We hugged before Barry picked me up and sped me to my apartment door. "Maybe a little warning next time?" I breathed when Barry put me down.

"Sorry," he apologized. Barry and I stood there in silence for a while before he spoke up. "I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Yeah," I confirmed. Barry smiled once more before pecking me on the cheek and speeding off. I stood there in shock before I registered what happened. My hand flew to my cheek and my grin grew. Barry Allen just kissed me on the cheek. I spun around happily and unlocked the door only to find Mikey and Dick passed out on the couch. I rolled my eyes and walked over to them. "Hey! You doofs, go sleep on beds," I laughed as I shook them both awake.

"You're baaaack," Mikey mumbled sleepily before wrapping his arms around my waist and putting his head against my stomach. Dick looked at me groggily before standing up and putting his hand on my shoulder. Then, without saying anything, he walked over to his room and shut the door. I let out a laugh before I returned my attention to Mikey.

"Mikey? Go to sleep on a bed dude, come on," I pleaded as I pulled him up off the couch.

"Yeah sorry," he apologized sleepily before rubbing his eyes. He stood by himself and hugged me before he too went off to bed. I smiled at his retreating figure before I made my way to my own room and collapsed onto my bed similar to Mikey. As I felt myself drifting off to sleep, I thought of Barry and his kiss. I'm smitten with that man.