Chapter 32

Hmmm. I buried myself in the warmth feeling safe and secure.  Peace settled around me and I sunk further into the circle of security.  Only one person has been there for me and made me feel wanted and safe. Trevor. I knew that he would catch me and always be there for me.  Trevor. The warmth around me started to withdraw from me and I desperately clung to it. I struggled to open my eyes longing to see the molten golden eyes of Trevor. 

Instead of looking into the loving golden eyes, I was looking into the stormy, silver eyes of, "Korin?"

It took a second before he answered.  I could see that he was battling with himself. Finally he was able to force some words out of his mouth, "How do you feel?"

 I felt disoriented and bewildered as to why I was snuggled up to Korin and not Trevor.  I slowly took in my surroundings, nothing seeming familiar. It appear that I was in a structured that was constructed like a tent that incorporated trees as its frame to hold up a thick canvas-like material. I laid upon a bed that was made up of heavy blankets on one side of the spacious tent-like structure.  Their was a table and a tree stump that I can only imagine served as a chair.  Whoever made this humble abode, used nature to their advantage.  Their was a portable heater in the center that provide warmth, although as wolves our body temperature ran higher than humans. I tried propping myself up on my elbows but pain shot throughout my body and I collasped.  "I feel like someone's punching bag."

Korin stood up quickly staring down at me with his hands on his hips.  "You've been through a lot.  So you need to take it easy and not make any sudden movements."

"Korin where am I? We? Where's Trevor and.." I needed to know what the hell was going on.  Why was Korin here and not Trevor. Trevor is the one that I have come to lean on not Korin.  Korin had made it absolutely clear that he wanted no part of me or my destiny to become queen.

Korin immediately cut me off, "We are in a rogue camp." Something seemed off with him.  I could see anger and a little hurt flash briefly before he masked his feelings. He walked over to the makeshift table that consisted of a piece of wood situated on top of a tree stump grabbing a pitcher and pouring its contents into a cup.  "Here drink this."  Korin returned to my bedside gently placing his hand behind my head and pulling me up to sip the cool liquid, water. I gulped the water down my dry throat my eyes never leaving his.

"Thank you." Korin place me back down pulling the covers around me like a cocoon. "Stop, what are you doing?" Korin pulled his hands away and turned away from me. "Answer me.  You have made it clear that you didn't want me.  So why are you fussing over me now.  Like you actually care about me?"

Korin's head snap back towards me breathing hard. "Don't ever say that I don't care about you!"

"Well its true! You rejected me Korin!" I cried.

"I did not reject you, Celina."

"Oh really, so not letting your pack know that I'm your mate, that's not rejection?" my voice cracked and the pain from his rejection slammed back into me.

"You know why I did that!"

"Uh..hummm.... Excuse me for my interruption." the unfamiliar female voice grabbed our attention to the entrance.  She was an elderly lady with tanned leathery skin with shockingly bright, white flowing hair.  She had a bag slung across her body and embarrassment covered her face.  But she didn't  leave she stood her ground glancing between me and Korin.  "I'm here to check up on the patient.  I see you have finally awaken." 

"I will leave you so you can look her over." Korin got up from the bed and left not looking back at me.  Fine! I didn't care.  How dare he act like the 'hurt' mate.  I was the one that was rejected not him.