Chapter 25

"Korin stop." I turned impatiently towards my father. "My office, now."

I debated if I should follow him, I needed to leave. I would give him five minutes and then I'm leaving. I entered his office filled with the  familiar faces of  Devon, Trevor, and Jules.

"What is this intervention?" I smirked at Trevor. If no one believed me I at least thought he would. My eyes followed my father as he leaned against his desk facing me.  Devon shut the door behind me and joins the others.

"You need to stop, son.  It's been three weeks."

"Is that an order?"

"No."

"Then I'm leaving." I turned heading for the door.

"She's dead, Korin." Trevor sentence made my wolf howl. I turned charging him hitting him in the face. Trevor didn't retaliate. He just stood there wiping the trickle of blood from the corner of his mouth.

"She is not dead. I would know."

"Don't you think we should know? She's gone.  Our connection and bond was broken!" Jules rushed me pulling me towards him by my collar. I broke his hold pushing him away from me.

"I just know that she isn't dead.  I will not stop until I find her!"

"If you are so sure, then tell us do you feel your bond with her?" Jules questioned hope floating in his eyes.

"No, but.." I couldn't explain it was just a feeling that my wolf felt.  It was like woman intuition and I just couldn't let it go.

"Korin, man you have to let her go. She wouldn't want this. She would want us to continue to unite and fight the rogues." Devon stood in front of me placing his hands on both my shoulders. Devon was the one person who I couldn't fully look at.  He was the only one who tried reasoning with me on several occasions to let go of my pride. He warned me that if I didn't let her mark me I would not be able to protect her.  And he was right.  I couldn't protect her and now she was.... No she was not dead.  I closed my eyes the image of her falling and being swallowed up the ravenous river replayed in my mind. By the time we reach the river she was gone.  There was no sign of her.  Her body was swept away leaving only her red scarf that had gotten caught up on the rocks.

"I can't. I have to go." I took in the pitying glances of everyone in the room and left.  I grabbed my backpack off the table and made my way out of the packhouse. I loosen the straps on the backpack so that it would stay on my back when I shifted to my wolf. I shifted and headed for the river to continue my search for Celina. I would not give up until I find her dead or alive.