Chapter 3

I walked quickly over to my uncle getting away from the strange vibe I was getting from goldy, I mean Trevor.

"Celina, Thadius has caught me up on your situation, but as I told your uncle I need more than words and a mark." Alpha Halder stood never looking in my direction but giving his warriors his full attention.

I know exactly where this was headed as it has countless times before this. It is time for the trick pony to put on a show. "Alpha Halder, may I join your warriors at hand to hand combat."

He nodded his permission sending a message to the guy in charge. I pulled out my ponytail holder out of my front pocket and gathered my long black hair into a tight pony tail. The guy in charge was the Beta's son, Devon. He took one look at my small frame and I knew exactly what he was thinking. He was no different than the others, assuming I was weak. He paired me with a young wolf who looked barely in his teens. You got to be kidding me.

"The rules are simple the first one to tap out loses." Devon backed away after he made that statement.

We circled each other and then the young wolf charged, I decided not to humiliate him. I side step and quickly grabbed his right arm, twisting it behind his back. The movement brought him to his knees and I held my grasp on the twisted arm pushing it further and dislocating his shoulder in the process. He yelped out and tapped out immediately.

I instantly let go of his arm and took a few steps backwards and smirked at Devon.

The next wolf that he paired me with was a little better. He was short and stocky and I think the muscles from his shoulders swallowed up his neck. When given the cue to start he charged at me head on and I imitated his move running straight for him picking up my speed. I loved playing chicken! Just before our bodies collided I jumped upward sailing over him, my arms wrapping around his thick neck and spinning my lower half of my body so that I was piggy backing. But at the speed we were traveling the piggy-back move threw his momentum in the opposite direction, sending his body backwards and he came crashing towards the ground. I only had a split second to bring my body through his legs and he lay flat on his back with the wind knocked out of him I didn't take any chances. I jumped onto him forcing my knee on his windpipe causing him to knock out from the lack of oxygen.

I brushed the dirt off me and inspected a few of the cuts and bruises I received from the ground when I slid between his legs. "Is that all you got future beta?" I laughed at Devon's frustrated face.

Now all training had stop and everyone was watching me spar with their pack members. Several male wolves were outraged and wanted a chance to take me down. I looked over to see Sage and her crew were all staring at me intensely but held themselves slightly away from the crowd.

This time Devon sent out three warriors of various sizes. Great! I get to use my gymnastics skills the Amazon Pack showed me. The adrenalin was pulsating through my veins and my wolf was getting excited ready for me to let her gain control. With the other two matches I maintained full control and she whined wanting to join in the fun. Now with me taking on three opponents at once she knew it was her time to shine.

I quickly assessed the warriors, the tallest being around 6"1 and with an athletic build. The other two warriors were shorter; one was 5"11 a slightly thicker frame than the first and the third was 5"9 and lean. There was 20 feet between us and they were crouching waiting for the signal. Of course being from the same pack they were able to communicate with each other going over their game plan. I allowed my wolf to take over and inhaled a deep breath. Ok here we go. Devon gave the signal.

The warriors ran straight for me and two of the wolves immediately broke off to out flank me on either side. The tallest one continued and stayed on course heading straight for me. My wolf anticipated this maneuver and increased our speed. We only had seconds before the one in front of us made contact. I altered my steps slightly to the left hoping he didn't take notice. The wolves on either side were closing in I could hear their growls as they neared. Mere inches away I squatted and stretched my arms to the side making contact with the wolf in front me. At the same time he had swung both arms as if to grab me in a bear hug but all he grabbed was air. Once my hands locked around his waist the look of shock spread across his face. All of this happened within a second because as I had a grip on his waist I had propelled my body to spin around his with my legs stretched out. I used his body like a fireman's pole. As my body twirled around him to the other side my feet kicked the wolf in the back that had outflanked me on my right. The impact sent the wolf tumbling into the wolf that was on the left knocking each other out cold. A collective gasp was repeated from the crowds of spectators. I didn't have time to revel in my ability to take out two at once I still had the tallest one to deal with and he looked pissed.