Chapter 11

I was sitting around the living room of my new digs.  Sage and Raven had collected my things from the pack house and placed them in the upstairs’ guest bedroom. My uncle had the guys push back the furniture and we sat on the floor.  My uncle was not one for big theatrics when it came to ceremonies much to Jules’ dismay.  He was envisioning a grand gesture of being inducting into the highly coveted position of High Guard.

“So Celina we are all curious, how were you able to mind link with the rogue?” I was surprised that Niko actually initiated a conversation.

“As queen I will be able to mind link with all wolves when I’ve gain my full status.  I don’t know how I am able to mind link with the rogues.  When I went through puberty that is when I discover I could communicate with them.“

“So have you tried making peace with some of the rogues?  Getting them to join our cause?” Jace questioned.

“Yes in the beginning I did and we have gotten some of their support.  But I found out too quickly that I couldn’t reason with rogues who chose to remain as their wolves.  The live on basic survival instinct of their wolves, kill and hunt.” I sighed thinking of the wolves I naively tried to reach when I was younger nearly costing me my life.

“Celina are you ready?” my uncle gesture for me to join him.

“Yes.” nervously nibbling at my bottom lip.

Trevor reached over squeezing my hand reassuringly.  “You will do fine.”

I moved to the center of the circle placing my hands into my uncle's.  He started to chant in the ancient language looking into my eyes.  He pulled my wolf out and she took control my spirit floated away from body peering down to watch and wait. I heard her speak to the others as she picked up a knife beckoning them to come forth.  She sliced across each of their heart not cutting too deep but deep enough their blood flowed into the cup she held. After the last one was sliced she drunk in their essence in two gulps and then took the knife and sliced our chest above our heart.  She let the blood pool into our hand.  She places our bloody palm over each incision of our high guard chanting in the foreign tongue as she went. One by one the incision was replaced by the red royal mark and then my symbol started to form around it.  I strained to get a closer look and tried to take back control of my body but my wolf wouldn’t let me. The sounds of my wolf chanting became increasingly loud and I covered my ears blocking out the deafening sounds. A bright light appeared and I stared at the presence of a white wolf.  The white wolf was serene and majestic and it stared at me with the bluest of eyes.  I was hypnotized by those eyes and I felt dizzy as the blue eyes surrounded me and then everything went black.

---------------A/N

I put a picture of Celina's royal mark. Let me know what you think so far of the story.

Don't forget to vote, comment, or just say hi!