Chapter 30

I can't believe that she is in my arms.  She is beautiful. I wanted to dropped to my knees and thank the moon goddess for keeping her alive. But I didn't have that luxury.  I had to make sure that I protect Celina from these rogues. What were they going to do with her once they nurse her back to health. I looked around the room full of rogues instinctively pulling Celina closer to my body.  Although Celina's screams had stopped, my wolf whimpered feeling the pain that she was going through.  I had to hide my emotions for now until I dealt with the immediate threat in front of us as I scrutinized the rogues.  

"Everyone out!" from the shocked looks on everyone face, they were not use to the harshness of the words coming from the soft spoken female rogue. She then let out a warning growl filled with power causing the medicine woman to let out a surprise gasp.

"Deliah!" the leader of the rogue was the first to speak out.

"Keagan, I need to talk to .. " her green eyes questioning me.

"Korin." I filled in the blank. I watched as two of the rogues exited the tent leaving Keagan and Deliah.

"I'm not leaving you alone.  He might be her mate, but how do we know that he wasn't the one that hurt her.  I don't trust him!" I growled at his implication even though a big part of me felt like it was my fault. Guilt swirled to the surface and I force it down with anger at this rogue for making me feel worthless.  I didn't need this right now.  Right now I need to focus on getting Celina through this healing process.

Deliah turned to face Keagan, "I can handle him.  If I need you I will call for you.  Now  give me a few minutes alone with him." her tone still held authority but loss some of its forcefulness.

Keagan conceded but not without a parting growl thrown in my direction. Well that make two of us! Because I don't trust you either! I returned my attention back to Deliah.  It was obvious that she was not an ordinary rogue.  I felt the power coming from her wolf.  She took a seat and face me glancing between me and Celina.

"You are a halfbreed?"

Great, mystery solved.  Her question only meant one thing, she was a royal. I didn't answer her and I was getting irritated by how the royals were perceiving me.  Like I was some bug that needed to be squashed.

"How is that possible?" I shrugged my shoulders at her question.  There was no way I was giving her my life story without knowing if she was a potential threat.

"If you are a royal, then you know who Celina is?" I responded with a question of my own.

"Yes, the last time I saw her she was just a toddler.  It was a couple years before our queen was.." her voice faded and her eyes became distant.

"Who else knows?" trying to bring her back from her distant memories.

"To everyone in the camp she is a rogue we found and trying to help.  Only a select few know that she is a royal.  I'm the only one that knows that she is our royal princess."

"So you don't trust them? Why are you with these rogues? They are dangerous and can not be trusted!"

"It's not that I don't trust them, it's the opposite.  I trust them with my life.  But if her true identify were to become known then I put their life in danger. Listen, I don't have that much time before Keagan comes barging in here.  Do you know someone by the name of Thadius?"

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"A couple of days ago a group of royals passed through here.  They had a prisoner named Thadius with them."

Alarms went off inside of  me. "Sebastian is near here?!" I wanted to rip Sebastian apart for what he did to Celina.  My wolf wanted his blood for hurting our mate.