Chapter 31

"I knew I would find you here." Niko stood beside me as I stared at the waterfall.

"I can't seem to shake that image of Celina falling at the hands of that son of a bitch! If I ever see him again I will rip his limbs from his body! Niko, what if Korin was right? What if she is alive?"

"Jules, I can't tell you how much I wish that were true.  If she is alive, Korin will find her.  Right now we need to prepare for the impeding attack from the King's men.  We also need to protect the Halder pack and surrounding smaller packs from the increased rogue attacks."

"I should've went with him. Damn!!" I roared sinking to the ground.  It had been almost a week and no one had heard from Korin and all I could think is that maybe, just maybe Celina was alive.  I almost followed him out of the alpha's office the day he left.  I would have if Trevor didn't ask me to stay.

"Jules! Something is happening." Niko voice alarmed me and I jumped up and waited anxiously while he was communicating through the mindlink.

 He turned to me growling. "Rogues, at our northern border,they have Celina. She's alive!" That's all I needed I shifted and took off towards the rogues.  Rogues! This is worst than I feared! They have Celina? Anger and fear rushed through my viens as I exploded through the trees heading towards the rogues. Niko screamed for me to stop through our mindlink but I blocked him.  All I could see was pain. The pain those rogues will feel at my hands for laying one finger on Celina.  I pushed my wolf faster barrelling through the northern town where I saw rogues surrounded by my fellow pack warriors. I came to an abrupt stop in front of the two rogues snarling, I wanted to release all of my anger on these rogues.  I shifted back into human form and ran at the tall, slender rogue ramming my fist into his face. He staggered back and I pounce landing another fist to his gut sending him flying back.  This enraged the other rogue, he was bigger and wider than the other one.  He grabbed me from behind putting me in a chokehold, I quickly reverse our position grasping his arm and twisted it behind his back.  

"Where is she?!!! What have you done to her?!!" I applied more pressure bringing the giant to his knees growling. Everything happened so fast that my yelling triggered movement among the Halder warriors and they tried hauling me away from the rogue.  But they were no match for my new power and strength.  I flung one of my pack members off of me with one hand never letting go of the rogue. "ANSWER ME!"

My pack members stepped away from me now fearful of my rage. Then I heard the other rogue growl rushing towards us.  My baton appeared in my hand and I quickly extended it pointing the blade at the charging rogue.  The rogue skidded to a halt, my blade was only mere inches from his throat.

"Jules, stand down!" Trevor voice roared at me.  I glance to my left and saw Niko, Trevor, and Jace along with some other warriors standing about fifteen feet away from us. "Jules!"

"No they have Celina, I will beat it out of them to find out where they are holding her." my eyes swung to the rogue that was standing.  "Don't you move!"

"We will tell you where she is willingly.  She is safe and we are only helping her. Korin is with her." I didn't trust what the rogue was saying and I move my blade closer to his throat.  Not sure if I should believe anything that came out of his mouth. Rogues are not to be trusted.

Trevor had moved in front of me and now only a couple of feet away from us. Trevor held his hands up, "Jules I need you to stand down.  Calm yourself before you do something that you will regret later.  They are our only leads to Celina.  Let them go.  Alpha Halder wants to interrogate them and find out what the hell is going on." I looked at Trevor trying to calm down.

"Look if they are lying then you can beat the crap out of them." I held onto that promise and he nodded.  I let out a gush of air from my lungs and I lowered my sword.  It disappeared and the rogue straighten up and I could see the relief in his eyes.  I still hadn't let go of the pressure on the giant until I felt Niko hand on my shoulder.

"Let him go, Jules." Niko said quietly and I dropped the rogue arm and stepped away quickly. They were right.  We needed answers first before I could kill them. The rogue I had on the ground stood up winding his twisted arm glaring at me.  I sent a look of disgust his way and stormed off back towards the pack house.  

The others followed and the warriors kept a tight circle around the two rogues.  Everyone was on edge.  Trevor walked in step with me for a few minutes before he spoke.  "Jules, we are all feeling the same way.  We need to approach this situation with a level head."

"I don't get you Trevor. How do you keep your anger at bay? I know you want to hurt those rogues more than I do."

Trevor let out a frustrated sigh. "Of course, but the alpha said not to harm them.  He must know something we don't. We will let this play out.  If they don't give us the answers we want.  They will regret they ever crossed our borders!" Trevor snarled shooting a glance behind us at the rogues.