Chapter 4

A hour later the party was in full swing. Hundreds of people were gathered around laughing, talking, and enjoying each other company. When I first came down with my uncle we were swarmed by the pack members who gave us their sincere and heartfelt greetings. The Alpha formally introduced us to the entire pack and afterwards Uncle Thadius was ushered away with his friend.

Now I walked around aimlessly through the group of happy pack members carrying a cup of punch. I realized I was envious and jealous of them. They had what I always wanted! A family. I perched myself on the side wall that separated a set of steps that led from the back of the house onto the back porch.

I slowly looked over the crowds of people and watched young children playing tag, teenage boys showing off who was more athletic each taking turns doing somersaults. I watched young mothers nursing and cradling their babies with their mates close by watching them. A group of young girls were huddled giggling and whispering as they stared at a group of very hot looking guys that were flexing their muscles.

I dreamed that I was one of those teenage girls and my biggest worry was what to wear to the party. We would spend hours doing each other hair and makeup and gossiping about the sexiest guys in the pack. My hand subconsciously reached up to touch my straight, jet black hair. I rarely had time to do those things. Between constantly moving and training. Ugh the training. Fussing over the latest style of clothing just wasn't on my to do list. At least for now. I continued to scan the crowd and spotted the young wolf that I sparred with earlier. Pity party over. I hopped off the wall and weaved my way through the crowds over to him.

"Hi, I wanted to see if you are ok? I'm really sorry about what happened earlier." I flashed him one of my dazzling smiles that were known to melt the hearts of the cold hearted.

His face turned bright red and he began to stuttered. "Th... th..that's ok." bulls-eye another victim has succumb to my flirtatious smile.

"Kyle, don't hog Celina to yourself!" Karen came barreling through the group and stopped between us.

"Hey Karen, I was making sure Kyle? was doing ok." my eyes darting over her shoulder towards Kyle.

Karen linked arms with me turning me away from Kyle and towards her friends. "Of course he is. Let me introduce you to some of my friends." Karen was like a whirlwind sweeping me away and quickly naming about eight of her friends. The introductions were made so fast I knew there was no way I would remember their names.

A tall blonde boy with short cropped hair, Chris, I think his name was put his arm around me telling everyone that he was in love! I playfully pushed him away from me laughing at his light-hearted banter. Another boy with brown hair and hazel eyes interjected stated that I was his and the boys started tussling to see who would be the victor. Karen and another female, I think her name was Laura started to call them childish and that I didn't want either one of them.

"Celina, don't pay them any attention. They are just goofballs!" Karen said yelling the last statement to emphasize her point. I was still laughing when everyone stop playing around and straightened up. I turned around to see what had changed the atmosphere and saw Devon walking towards us with the goon squad. I straightened up, my smile fading, and my eyes staying locked onto Devon.

He stopped about two feet in front of me and I had to raise my head slightly. "Did your uncle tell you about tomorrow?"

"Yes." I kept my answer simple. I didn't want him to see how angry I was at the prospect that he will be picking my team.

"I can't believe that the alpha honestly wants you to lead a team. I mean it takes more than some fancy moves to command men!" On the word men Devon took one more step toward me glaring down at me.