Chapter 29

"Dammit, hold her down!" I yelled in frustration. Another round of bone chilling screams ripped through Celina's body as her body convulsed violently. This had been going on now for about thirty minutes and I desperately looked over to Seena for some guidance. "Is there anything we can give her to make this process less painful?"

"I told you Keagan, that this was risky.  This is old medicine and I warned you that it would be a painful process.  It is literally tearing down every cell in her body and building it back up. I cautioned you that she may or may not survive this." Seena was vigorously stirring a concoction that would hopefully alleviate some of the pain.  Colin held her legs down while I had a firm grip on her shoulders pinning her to the bed. Seena moved closer to Celina and as she let out another bone chilling scream, Seena let the liquid slide down her throat.  Celina sputtered and choked as the liquid pooled in the back of her throat. I quickly tried sitting her up a little to avoid in further gagging.  We seemed to have a temporary moment of reprieve from the screaming and i gently laid her back down moving the hair out of her face. 

Deliah appeared at the front entrance of my tent. "Keagan, is she ok? She is scaring everyone with her painful screams.  It seems like you are all torturing the poor girl." the left after seeing our pained expressions.

I slumped down on the floor with my back resting on the edge of the pallet.  "This is more that I can handle." I looked over to Seena, "I know that I said do whatever it takes but i didn't think it would be this bad." Colin sat next to me pat my shoulder reassuringly.

"Well at least the sedative work." Colin said. And that was all we got just a minute of peace before Celina's body started jerking again and the screams picked back up.  "Ugggh. Seena, i don't think you made that sedative stronger enough." Colin resume his position holding down her legs to make sure she didn't reinjury herself and I turned and held down her upper body.

"If i give her something stronger it may counteract the healing medicine.  I'm sorry boys it seems like we just have to endure and pray to the goddess that she makes it through this alive." Seena began packing up her supplies. "Here are some earplugs, maybe this will help a little." She place little pieces of foams into both  of our hands. I wasn't sure how much more her body could take from the violent tremors and if she even would have a voice left after the all the screaming she envoking. I leaned over towards her maybe if I put my face next to hers she would feel comfort and relax, but with my cheeks next to hers it did nothing to stop the screams.  And that is when I felt her tears, her cheek was wet I peer down at her eyes and saw tears flowing with every scream and something inside of me broke.  I wish I could take her place and take all of the pain she was feeling away.

"Celina, it will be ok.  It will be over soon. I promise." I whispered to her in hopes that it would give her something to hold onto if she could hear me. Growls and howls erupted around the tent and before I could figure out what the hell was happening a stranger was standing at the entrance with a gun in his hand. I growled at the intruder warning him not to take another step. I quickly glance down at Celina and stood in front of her shielding her the stranger.

"Step away from my mate!" The stranger threatened. That was the precise moment that Celina started another rounds of painful screams.  The stranger faltered and I charged before he could get a shot off.  We fell backward outside of the tent in a heap, my hands trying to gain hold of the slippery weapon that was now entangled in our bodies.  The stranger got in a couple of hard body shots but my grip around his neck did not loosen. I could feel the power coming off the stranger. Shit he was an alpha.  I knew I only had seconds before he got the upper hand so I kneed him in the balls and took possession of the gun. The stranger rolled off  growling at me as I held the gun at him.  He didn't flinch but the sounds that Celina were making again distracted him and he took off back into the tent. Shit! I had to make sure he would not harm our sleeping beauty. The scene before me was comical, the stranger held Colin by his neck his feet dangling from the air and one hand stroking Celina's face. The stranger then dropped Colin and gathered Celina in his arms all the while Seena stood cowering back in the corner.

I was a little angry that the stranger didn't seem threaten by me or the fact that I now I held a gun on him. "Who are you?!"  I demanded. The stranger ignored me and continue to rock Celina in his arm.

"What did you do to her?" His accussing eyes now focused on me.  I put the gun down on the table behind me taking a seat and completely ignored him. "I won't ask again!" the power of his alpha tone washed over me but i fought against it.

"We were trying to help her." Seena came out of her safe corner taking timid steps towards the alpha standing next to where I was sitting.

The alpha never wavered his eyes from me. "How are you helping her if she is being tortured."

I didn't care for the accusation and I growled my displeasure, but I stayed silent locked into a staring war with the alpha. "When we found her she was barely alive so I gave her something that I'm hoping will heal her. But it is a grueling process. And I'm not sure if it will save her."  For the first time the alpha's eyes snapped away from me and latched onto Seena.

"What do mean, she still might die?" the alpha looked down at the girl in his arm holding her tighter against his chest. 

"Yes, there is a possibility. She was barely holding on and her body was literally broken into pieces." Seena answered quietly.

"Why hasn't her wolf healed her?" the alpha attention now fully on Seena.

"I think she was so badly damage that her wolf only had enough strength to keep her alive. if she didn't have royal blood pumping through her veins she would be dead already." Seena informed.

The alpha snapped his eyes back to me, "So you know she is a royal?"

"Well its hard to miss her royal mark." i smirked. That's when Deliah entered the tent and stopped as she looked around the room.

"So I came to see if she was ok.  It's been about fifteen minutes and there was no screaming so I wasn't sure if she was still alive..." Deliah words faded off and she stared at the alpha.

"Deliah, you're right. So you really are her mate?" Seena started to get excited.  I, on the other hand, still had doubts to his identity.

"Yes, I'm her mate, Korin."

"Well that's it." I looked at Seena as she was mad, she started to laugh hysterically. Seen turned to me, "Don't you see Keagan. Celina is quiet because her mate is here.  His presence is the missing piece of the puzzle.  Her wolf needed his wolf to calm her down and help heal her.  That is probably why some people didn't make it through the process.  They needed their mate to help with the healing process.  Look she isn't screaming, no body convulsing."

I hated to admit that the old woman was right. In fact Celina face looked almost peacefully.

The alpha had been tense throughout the revelation and then finally spoke, "How do you know her name?"

All eyes turned to Deliah. You mean Celina was really her name.