Chapter 23

I paced slowly my eyes never leaving Korin. I knew that this day would come when he found out that I had to mate Celina, because he did not want to man up. We had always been equals when it came to fighting one never truly better than the other. This and the fact that I didn't blindly follow his every command is why there was so much animosity between us. My black wolf was on edge waiting for Korin's silver wolf to pounce but he didn't. We continue to walk in a slow circular pattern watching and waiting for one of us to make the first move.

This is even low for you Trevor. I knew that you coveted everything I had. But my mate?

Really Korin, do you still think this is about us. Celina is not some toy that we are fighting over. And I am not coveting anything. You better respect that Celina is mine too. I will protect her until my heart stops beating!

Korin snarled baring his teeth lunging for me nearly clamping his jaws around my hind leg. I jumped out of the way and crouched low ready to attack. I didn't want to fight him, I had to make him understand.

Korin do you really think I would try to take your mate away from you. There are things that are necessary for survival. Can't you understand that I'm only protecting her!

You touch one hair on her body and I will kill you!

I sprung at Korin snapping at him but missing. He countered with a swipe clawing me on my side. I retaliated by grabbing his tail slinging him into a tree. He recovered jumping on me knocking me to the ground his claws digging into my back. I pitched to the side slamming him back into the tree the sound of the tree splitting from the impact. We broke up apart panting and searching for our next opening for attack. I tried again.

Korin you have to listen I really don't want to mate with Celina. Your unwillingness as her mate to protect her has put me in this position. As I have told you before, I will protect Celina at all cost. If that means I have to mate her in order for her to become a queen wolf, because her ass of mate won't do it. Then I will!

Korin roared and charged me and we became a rolling ball of fur, scratching and biting one another. Celina's scream pierced through my mind and I kicked Korin off rushing towards her and was stopped. I was stopped by four reddish wolves that formed a barrier between me and Celina. I looked over and immediately shifted my long blade appearing in my hands ready to take down the wolves. But what concerned me the most was the three men dressed in royal uniforms standing in front of Celina. Korin appeared at my side in his human form as we watch one of the men grab Celina by the arm dragging her to us. Growls emanated from both me and Korin as they approached with Celina struggling to get out of the grasp.

The tallest of the three was holding a piece of paper looking between me and Korin, he sniffed and he quirked one of his eyebrows in Korin's direction. "I'm Sebastian, and I'm here to collect Celina Richards."

"And who the hell are you Sebastain." I knew he was a royal by the insigna on his clothes.

"Sebastian Richards, the King's son. You are? No let me guess... Hmm it seems my dear cousin has been busy and you must be the captain of her high guard." I didn't like the way he looked at Celina his eyes narrowing on Korin. "What the hell is a half breed doing here?"

Korin growled at the insult. "I'm Celina's mate, so you will not be taking her anywhere!"

I watched closely as Sebastian peered over to Celina anger seething but quickly replace with indifference. "Oh I see that you haven't marked her yet nor has Celina marked you. Your claims of being her mate are unfounded." Korin snarled taking a step forward but I placed a restraining hand on his shoulder.

"Sorry but we can't let you leave with Celina. She is going to stay here." my hands tightening around my sword as rumble of low growls came from the four red wolves.

Sebastian handed over the paper to Korin. Korin just looked at them refusing to accept them. Sebastian let them fall at Korin's feet. "Those are orders from your King to hand over Celina. I want to do this peacefully, but I will take her by force if I have to."

It seemed that Celina was in her own internal battle with Sebastian through their mindlink. He kept shrugging throughout our conversation shooting her with annoyed looks.

"Let her go Sebastian." Thadius voice came from the woods behind us and I quickly glance over my shoulder to see him, Alpha Brant, the other alphas and about a several warriors joining me and Korin.

"Why Thadius so nice of you to join us. I knew if I saw Celina you wouldn't be to far behind." Sebastian raised his head slightly and ten more royal warriors came from either side of us. Taking us by surprise they latch onto Thadius dragging him by Celina. "You, Thadius are under arrest for killing our former Queen Siria and her mate and kidnapping Princess Celina by the orders of King Kristoff." I stiffen my eyes on Celina watching her reaction which only showed hatred towards Sebastian. Gasps from the packs behind me faded as Celina voice screamed through my mind.

He's lying Trevor!

I know. I will not allow him to take you so be ready.

Trevor he has more Royals in the woods, about twenty. They are assassins and not easy to kill.

I'll let the others know.

And Trevor don't believe anything he say.

I focused back to the scene in front me, Jace and the others standing by me. I filled them in quickly and ready them for battle. Each one holding their weapons coiling their bodies for the impeding attack. I sent Alpha Halder a message to stay back when we attack and gave him a warning about the hiding assassins.

"Don't listen to him! His father is the one that killed my mother and father.  If anyone should be arrested it should be your father!" Celina screamed at Sebastian.

"Celina, Celina, Celina. Are you still telling people those stories. I do apologize for my cousin she has a creative imagination which has been spurred on by Thadius. Now Alpha Halder it is so nice to see you. Hmm.. Alpha Colson, Weston, Smith, Winchester, Black, Sampson so many alphas together.  Is there a celebration that the King is unaware of?" Sebastain quiered scanning over all the alphas standing in front of him.

Alpha Halder took a step forward. "I understand that you have a reason to take Thadius but not Celina."

"As stated earlier, Celina is a royal princess, I'm only returning her to her rightful home." Sebastian sounded surprised at Halder question.  "Don't you think she should return to the palace where she belongs?"

"I think it is a choice that Celina should make." Alpha Halder insisted. Sebastian peered over to Celina and then back to us.

"It is all an act, don't listen to him!" Celina continue to struggled against the guard's hold.

Sebastian ignored Celina and continue his conversation with Halder. "Well I don't see it that way.  You see I have been searching for Celina for awhile and to be honest I'm tired. Tired of waiting. But my waiting is finally over. Since I have you all here I would like to invite you all to come to our wedding.  You see, Celina is my fiance." Sebastian smirked looking over to me and Korin.

"YOU ARE A LIAR!" Celina exploded she rammed her body into the guard that was holding her and charged at Sebastian.  This was our moment.  We all surged forward attacking the royals and their assassins while Thadius had also gotten free and he started fighting alongside Celina.  

_______________

A/N ---- A picture of Trevor's sword