Chapter 17

Korin slowly made his way towards me not breaking eye contact with me. A sly grin appeared on his face showing his intention of marking me. There was no way in hell I was going to let that happen. My retreat was impeded when my legs backed into his dresser. So he wanted to show dominance then I was ready.

Celina where are you! Trevor voice boomed across our mindlink.

In Korin's room.

Get the hell out of there!

I can handle him!

Celina, what if he marks you?

He won't!

I'm on my way!

I blocked any further communication with Trevor because I had to give my mate my full attention.

"Korin just give in. Let me mark you."

"No, you will be luna. Luna only."

"You can't make that decision for me."

"Yes I can, I'm your mate and you will listen to me." Korin lunged for me but I was able to duck and scrambled out of his way to the bed. He quickly followed suit grabbing one of my legs pulling me towards him. I used my free leg to kick at the hand that was gripping me but he didn't budge. He launched himself so that he was on top of me and I squirmed to get from underneath him. I underestimate his speed and strength that a normal alpha should not have had. It must be that he was half royal that made him stronger. I would make sure next time to compensate for my error in judgement. However right now my mate was lying on top of me causing me to feel things that I've never felt before. The contact of our bodies was sending tingles of pleasure throughout my nerve endings and my wolf hummed at our mate's touch. I could feel the desire that was being emitted from Korin which only heightened my own desires.

"You are mine. And I will mark you!" Korin lips engulfed my mines with a searing heat that temporarily incapacitated my brain. Our tongues met and fought for dominance as neither one of us wanted to relinquish control. For a second, I was lost in the throngs of passion but I quickly came to my senses. I had to control the situation. I decided to use our desire to distract him as my hands ran up and down his back our lips still engaged in a fierce battle of control. I pulled up one of my legs to get the leverage I needed to throw him off me. I gripped my hands into his hair holding him in place and then I pushed up causing him to roll off me. He landed on the floor with a thud and I straddled him extending my canines to mark him. Korin flipped me over his head before I could make contact and then straddle me as I laid out on my back. He extended his canines swooping down to mark me when the door was kicked opened. Trevor grabbed Korin by back of his shirt throwing him off of me. I got to my feet and Trevor shoved me behind him. Korin slowly rose to his feet chuckling and running a hand through his hair.

"This doesn't concern you Trev."

"As I told you before, things have changed. She is my concern."

Korin growled, "She is my mate!"

Trevor returned his threatening growl, "She is my queen!"

Korin looked from Trevor and then to me. "That night I arrive, you two were.... Did you sleep with her?" Korin's eyes flashed with silver, his breathing increased.

Trevor didn't answer quick enough and before I could say anything, Korin charged Trevor. I was almost crushed between the pair of them and the wall when Korin slammed into Trevor. Trevor's body hit the wall and I moved out into the hallway. Trevor made his hands into one fist pounding it onto Korin's back. Korin let go of his hold and Trevor picked him and body slammed him to the floor. Korin grappled Trevor's legs causing him to lose balance and topple to the floor. The two began exchanging punches when I had enough.

"Trevor stop! Korin stop!" They didn't listen to me and I ran to the bathroom and filled the small trashcan with water. Within minutes it was filled with steaming hot water and I rushed back to the room to see them boxing in the middle of the room. I doused both of them with the scalding hot water and they both yelp at the unexpected intrusion.

"Now that I got your attention. To answer your question Korin. No we didn't sleep together. Even though it is none of your business what we did together before I knew you were my mate. Trevor I told you I could handle him! Since the two of you were busy acting like children my uncle has been asking us to join him and your father in his office." I left them dripping wet and stomped down the stairs and into the alpha's office. My uncle and alpha were quiet when I entered and I sat into one of the chairs that was facing the alpha's desk. Korin and Trevor came in a minute later gaining curious looks from my uncle and alpha Halder.

"Son, Trevor, Celina tonight I will be introducing you to the pack as the future queen. Everyone has been noticing the construction and the new faces, so it is time to tell everyone what is going on."

I looked over to uncle Thadius a little apprehensive about tonight's introduction. He nodded understanding completely.

"Celina, I know that last time we let a pack know of your true identity it ended bad. But this time we have the backing of other packs. Also it has been weeks since we've seen any of the King's assassins. We have covered our tracks well."

"I know uncle Thadius. It just that I don't know how everyone will react once they know who I truly am."

Trevor came over placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder squeezing it for support. "I think everyone especially some of the warriors you beat will feel a little better about themselves." Korin growled at the intimate touch Trevor had given me but said nothing.

I ignored him and playfully hit Trevor and smiling, "So what you are saying is they will feel better knowing that they didn't just get beat up by a normal girl.

Korin turned to leave but his father stopped him. "We should also announce that you are her mate."

Korin kept his back to us his hand on the door knob. "I will only announce she is my mate if she agrees to be my luna. Luna only, not queen."

I stiffened at his threat. "I will be queen!"

"Then no, there will be no announcement that she is my mate!" Korin opened and left us gaping at his statement.