Chapter 14

I stared in the silver eyes of the wolf, it was a thing of beauty. The creature was bigger than Trevor’s black wolf and if it wasn’t here to kill me I would have admire it a little longer.  I glanced over to see that Trevor was on the ground not moving. I had to make a run for it but I knew without my wolf I wouldn’t stand a chance. I had only one way out and that was up.  I scrambled up the tree as the silver wolf lunged for me.  I had made it to the third branch when I glanced down to see that the wolf actually jumped up into the tree after me. I rushed to the edge and leaped over to the branch of a nearby tree. I hopped down to the ground running towards the back gate. I heard the wolf growling, his paws thundering behind gaining on me fast.  I wasn’t going to make it. The air behind me gushed and then I felt claws digging into my back as the wolf tackled me to the ground.  Face down in the dirt I sent out my last prayer to the goddess to make my end quick. The silver wolf nose rubbed my ear his sharp canines grazing my neck.  The wolf was ripped from my back and I laid their stunned for a second.

“Celina get your ass to the pack house. Run!” Trevor had rushed the wolf and transformed into his black wolf blocking the silver one. I got back to my feet running towards the back gate, the guards were waiting but I didn’t stop.  For the first time in days, I felt my wolf stirring.  Well it was about time.  I could feel the energy surging through me as my wolf began to awaken. I turned to see that the silver wolf had gotten through and was hot on my trail.  Damn.

Celina get to Alpha’s office! Trevor voice boomed in my mind. My mind link was up and running. I was able to pick up the speed a little faster but not fast enough.  The silver wolf was fast and closing in. The backyard of the pack house was unusually empty and the glass walls were in view.  I could see Alpha Halders’ warriors running into the living room.  Some of the warriors were in wolf form and while the ones in human form bracing themselves for the confrontation of the silver wolf. I bounded up the stairs. The silver wolf pounced onto my back again sending us crashing through the glass wall.  The force of the crash separated us and sent both of us sliding across the marble floor.  I slammed into the couch and the sliver wolf had collided into the piano toppling it onto him.

“Celina get to the alpha office now!” Devon quickly helped me up pushing me in the direction of the office.   The silver wolf howled growling viciously glancing over my shoulder I saw the wolf charging us.  Damn this assassin wasn’t going to give up.  I bolted into the Alpha’s office slamming the door and ran behind Halder’s desk.   Sounds of growls and fighting became louder as it neared the door. The door splintered and Devon’s body came flying through the room.  The silver wolf stood at the entrance menacingly advancing towards me stepping over Devon’s lifeless body.  I scanned the area around me for a weapon and grabbed the two swords that the alpha had on display on the wall behind his desk. This time I wasn’t going to go down and pray for a quick end, I was going down fighting.  I came from behind the desk twirling the swords in my hands and took a defensive stance. The silver wolf stopped his advancement and we were deadlock in a stalemate.

“Korin, shift!” Alpha Halder roared his alpha command at the silver wolf.  The wolf swiveled his head to look at the alpha and then back at me. The silver wolf took one step towards me and I moved my swords in front ready for an attack.  “SHIFT!” The silver wolf shook his head trying to disobey the command but finally complied.  The silver wolf transformed and was in a crouching position and I was only able to see a head full of jet black hair. “Korin?” Alpha Halder walked over to the crouching man placing his body between mine and his.  I looked over towards the door and saw Devon still on the floor and the warriors crowding the entrance as they peered into the office. I dropped the swords onto the desk and ran over to Devon to see if he was still alive.  I bent down putting my ear to his mouth to see if I could hear or feel him breathing.

“Mine!”

Hands wrapped around my waist jerking me off of Devon slamming me against the wall. I stared in disbelief into the pair of silvery eyes, did he just say I was his mate?  It couldn’t be possible, there was no way.  All the royals were killed.  I brought my hand up to touch his face.

“Celina, don’t touch him!” I vaguely heard my uncle as I stared into the face of the man who could possibly be my mate. My fingers lightly touch his cheek, and a surge of heat flooded my body as waves of pleasures erupting throughout. My wolf leaped to the forefront taking over my body. “Mate!” I sniffed his neck and my canines protruded from my gums to mark my him.

Uncle Thadius tore me from Korin, but it was too late nothing was going to stop my wolf from getting to her mate. The Halders warriors formed a barrier between us as Thadius dragged me out of the room. Korin shook off the warriors that were holding him trying to get to me. “Bring me my mate!” Korin roared as more warriors tackled him to the ground.  I twisted from uncle and ran to the pile of warriors that were trying to contain Korin. I grabbed one of the warriors flinging him off as I desperately tried reaching Korin.  His hand came out from the pile and I grabbed hold and pulled.

“Celina! Stop!” Trevor snatched me away throwing me over his shoulder and carrying me out the room.

“Trevor, put me down! I need my mate! Take me back to my mate!” I screamed pounding his back.

“Celina, calm down. You have to think this through, you can’t mark him without him knowing why.”

I growled, “Take me back to my mate!”

My high guard surrounded me as Trevor placed me down on my feet. “Celina, your mate, Korin needs to know what is going on before you mark him.  It’s not natural for a female to mark a male.” Raven tried reasoning with me.

The commotion in the office erupted in howls and yelps as my mate’s wolf rushed out of the office straight for us. My high guard took defensive position, while Trevor held onto me tightly. Jules and Niko rushed Korin, but he evaded and rammed his head into Jace’s stomach tossing him to the side.  Raven jumped onto Korin’s back wrapping her arms around his neck but he bucked her off sending her tumbling over his head. Sage tried grabbing his hind legs but he kicked her in the chest sending her sliding backwards on her butt. I could tell they were holding back because they didn’t want to hurt their pack member, but I could see that Jules was losing his patience. I squirmed out of Trevor’s tight hold and ran over to Korin leaping onto his back grasping onto his fur.  Korin dashed for the opening that we had made earlier through the glass wall running out of the pack house.  He slid to a stop at the sight of my uncle standing in front of us holding a gun.

“I’m sorry Celina,” and my uncle fired the gun the bullet tearing through Korin’s skin.  My uncle raised the gun aiming it at me and fired.

*******A/N

Picture of Korin