Chapter 16

“Hey, Hey.. Celina take it easy. We are sparring not warring against each other.” Jules lowered his swords sweat dripping down his face.

“Fine, then I will find someone else to spar with!” I spiked my sword into the ground walking away knocking into Niko but not stopping.

“What the hell has gotten into her?” I heard Niko asking Jules as I stormed towards the warriors’ training field.  The sounds of metal clashing one another beckoned me. I left the woods behind entering the open grassy area of the training fields to watch the Halder pack warriors engaged in their training.  I was immediately drawn to the sword fighting and wanted to get rid of some of this built up rage. It has only been a day since my mate had destroyed my perfect image of a perfect mate. How dare he think that he could stop me from my destiny.  No one will stand in my way.  My wolf has been silent since our mate stated his intention and I was unable to tell if she was happy about his decision or not.  I knew she wanted our mate but at what cost.  I knew that I would not be satisfied with the role of Luna while the King’s lust for power grew as did his cruelty to all wolves.  I could not sit back and watch him destroy all that my family has built over the centuries.

“Celina! Over here.” Karen was waving frantically at me to join her and some of the others from my squad. 

“Hey guys. What’s up?”

“Everyone is talking about Korin. He is back.  He is the alpha’s son.” Karen informed me.

“Wait til you see him.  He is one cup of dreamy.  All the she wolves are in love with him. Half of them dream that they are his mate but the other half just want to sleep with him.” Phoebe interjected.

Spike laughed, “So which half are you in Phoebe?”

“Neither, he’s way too intense for me. What about you Karen?”

“Ummm, well I think the second half.  He’s too controlling to be my mate!” Karen snickered.

A growl erupted from my throat making everyone take a step back.  I had enough talk from them about my mate! “I’m going to go spar.” I stomped away from them towards the sword fighting. I joined the warriors asking if I could go next.  They all readily agreed and I picked up two swords and stepped out.

“I’m requesting two fighters to spar with me.” The warriors looked at each other deciding which two would fight me.  I beat my two swords together impatiently, “Come on let’s go I don’t have all day.  Decide all ready, for goddess sake!”  Two of their biggest warriors that were about six foot four and made up of muscles stepped forward confidently.  Good because I wanted the best to fight with  that would test my ability and I could really release my frustrations.

I took my defensive stance holding the swords in front of me waiting for the attack. They both ran at me one swinging his sword at my head and the other swinging the sword at my feet.  I quickly dove through both tumbling forward and jumping up just in time to defend myself as their swords came crashing down on me.  I was able to deflect both swords, twirling my swords free.  I slashed both midsections of the warriors on each side of me. “Is that all you got boys?” They growled at my taunting which only elicited a sneer from me.  They charged again this time our swords clashed into duels.  I was able to match each strike, deflect their blows all at the same time.  We continue to do this dance for another fifteen minutes when my wolf decided to join in.  I felt the power from my wolf grow inside of me and the force I hit both of the warriors’ swords knocked them on their butts. I ran to take advantage of their fallen state but they rolled away avoiding the pointed ends of my swords.  They scrambled back onto their feet as I pulled my swords out of the ground; one charged me from the front while the other charged me from the back.  At the last second of impact I jumped straight up in the air causing them to collide into one another knocking each other out cold. I wasn’t done I wanted to exert more pain, I turned to the onlookers.  “I need three more.”