Chapter 13

If I had to stay in this bed one more minute, I was going to scream! My watchdog at the moment was Raven who just informed that Mr. High and Almighty is confining me to bed for one more day. “Raven come on, I spent  two days sleeping on and off.  And see I am walking and moving all by myself! I just took a shower by myself, please let me out.” I gave her my most pleading eyes hoping to appeal to her sense of sympathy. The smell of bacon triggered off   rumbling from my stomach. Devon, a smile cross my face as a plan started formulating in my mind. “My breakfast is here, Raven send him up. Since you won’t allow me out this room, then let Devon up to bring me my breakfast.”

Raven hesitated a little, “Well Trevor doesn’t want him here. He told me..”

“Raven I don’t care what the warden told you, I said send him up with my food.” I hated to assert my authority over Raven but I had to get out of this room.  I would apologize to Raven later, but I needed to get some fresh air, my wolf needed it.  Even though she has been quiet since the ceremony, I could feel her need to feel the sun and take in the scents of the outdoors.

Raven mind linked with Devon to bring up the food. He came in with a goofy smile on his face and worship in his eyes. Yes this was going to be easy, but first my priority was the food. “Raven can you leave us please; I would like to talk to Devon alone.”

“Your highness, it great to see you up and moving around.” 

“Devon I told you not to call me that.”  

“Well, I will give you two fifteen minutes.” Raven shut the door on her way out. I sat down on the bed and started scarfing down the food that Devon had brought me. Devon stood off to the side not sure at what to do. I motion him to sit at the foot of the bed.

“So how many people know who I am?” the food melting in my mouth.  This is so good.

“Not many as of yet.  The only ones that know of your true identity are the visiting alphas and their mates, my dad of course since he is Alpha Brant’s beta and me. Umm are you going to breathe between bites? You inhaling that food like a vacuum cleaner.”

I rolled my eyes and continue to shovel food in my mouth. I washed the last bites of food down with orange juice. “Thanks Devon that was great, but I had to eat fast.  I have a favor to ask of you.”

“Anything.”

“I need your body.” Smirking and winking at Devon’s astonishing face.

Two hours later I was basking in the sun on top one of my tree top havens. It took longer than usual to climb up the massive redwood but it was so worth it.  My strength definitely was not back and although I felt a little rejuvenated, my wolf was still silent. I could feel her presence but it was like she was dormant.  I will talk to my uncle when I get back. The sun was at its highest peak in the sky making the air stifling, it was time to climb back down and cool off. I wasn’t ready to go back, so where could I go? I knew the perfect place.  A half an hour later I was grasping the rope that would carry me over to the caves that I went to the first night I was here. The swing to the opening was easy to manage now I knew where the true opening was located.  The coolness from the caves surrounded me walking the familiar route towards the hot spring. The temperature dropped as I walked deeper into the cave.  Without my wolf, my body was susceptible to the cave’s temperature making me shiver. I quicken my steps eager for the warmth waiting at the hot springs.

Warning tingles shot through my body. I wasn’t alone and I knew that I really didn’t have the strength to fight whoever it was in the caves with me. I quietly turned to back out of the cave when  a low growl sounded in front of me. Damn, the exit was block. I spun and took off running toward the springs when I felt a hand grab my shoulder forcing me to stop.