Chapter 28

Nothing. I feel nothing. I see nothing. I hear nothing. I smell nothing. Nothing.  That is my life.  I'm in a void of nothingness.  Not alive nor dead. Am I dead? Is this what death is? What will happen to the kingdom? Will my uncle and my high guard continue to fight? Will Korin even care that I'm gone? Will the king send the order to eliminate the Halder pack? Memories flooded back of me at the cave fighting with Sebastian. Holding me over the cliff before he let go which resulted in my freefall to the rocky river below.  I remember feeling and hearing the sounds of roaring wind as I plummeted downward and passing out just as I felt my body crashing into the rocks below. The memories seemed to trigger something within me as I stared down to see my hand appear in front of eyes.  I looked down noticing my body and I ran my hands down the red dress Raven and Sage dressed me in for the party.  But I didn't feel the delicate material when I touch it.  In fact I still did not feel anything.  A dim light appeared in the distance and I moved towards it.  As I moved closer the light got bigger and brighter and the void started to disappear around me.  Suddenly trees and grass surrounded me and I was walking in a forest shrouded in the darkeness illuminated only by the light in the distance.  Two shapes started to take form as I broke through the trees to the side of a mountain. The light source actually turned out to be coming from the two forms in front of me.  I stopped within several feet of the white wolf and the moon goddess. They both stood in front of a cave opening that was covered with vines and a small waterfall to the left of it.  Although I saw the water cascading down the waterfall it made no sound. The white wolf was the same one I saw during the initation of my high guard, the irridescent blue eyes holding me captive for a moment. My gaze was drawn back to the moon goddess, her beauty was indescrible.  No picture or drawing of her did her justice.  Her hair, a mixture of white and gold, cascaded down around her body in waves reaching the ground. She held herself with an air of grace and airyness like she would float away at any moment.  Her eyes are what held me the most interest.  They were purple with flecks of white and they peered into my soul.  My desire to know what was going on flooded my senses and I tested out my voice.

"Am I dead? Where am I?" my mouth formed the words and I strained to hear the sound of my voice.  Again nothing. I started to scream to see if  my voice would break through the sound barrier. But still nothing.  I reach out a hand to see if maybe I was encase in glass but there was nothing.  I took a couple more steps towards the moon goddess and the white wolf and they continue to stare at me with their glowing eyes.  As I drew closer I notice that they were only images, their forms not solid.  I could see right through their bodies and see the rocks behind them.  This made me stop.  Were they only a figament of my imagination? Was it really the moon goddess in front of me?

"Celina you are destined for greatness."  the voice from the moon goddess was so angelic that I felt like I was going to cry from the sheer pleasure of hearing her voice.  It was the first sensation I've felt and I craved more. I tried my voice again.

"Am I dead?" again no sound came from my mouth.

"But with greatness there must be sacrifice." the angelic voice of the moon goddess warned. Sacrifice? So was my death the sacrificie? No that can't be she said I was destined for greatness, which meant that I haven't achieved it yet.

"Sacrifice? Whose sacrifice? What does that mean? Will someone I love die? Will I have to die to save the kingdom? Please tell me more?" I begged the moon goddness as I sank to my kness bowing at her feet.  Questions poured out of me but still no sound. I screamed in frustration! But knew it would not make any difference.  An ear shattering scream erupted around us and I cover my ears to shut out the sound that was causing me pain. Pain? Wait I could feel pain?  I looked up to the moon goddess and I saw her image flicker with each ear shattering scream.  I could see the sound waves rip through us and the scene around us.  I stood up slowly keeping my hands clasped to my ears to block out the some of the sound.

"Celina you are destined for greatness, but with greatness there must be sacrifice." the moon goddess repeated as her image started to fade away.  "Remember." 

Another much louder scream shattered through us forcing me to the ground and the image of the moon goddess, the wolf, the cave, and the waterfall faded to nothing. The last thing I heard before another scream consume me with pain was from the moon goddess. "Remember."