Chapter 24

Each word that came out of Sebastian fueled my rage.  Every word laced with lies.  But the ultimate lie that we were going to be married made me snap. Married to that psychopath who has been chasing me and sent out his assassins to hunt me down and kill me? There was no way I would even contemplate marking him and increasing his powers.  I will not have any part of making him and his wolf stronger than they were already.  I knew without the full strength of my wolf that I was no match for any of the royals, but that didn't stop me from tearing myself away from the guard that was holding me.  I forged ahead with one thought running through my mind.  Kill Sebastian!  I jumped but arms wrapped around my waist in midair cutting off my attack.  Sebastian laughed at my feeble attempt to try to get to him.

"Patience Celina, you can embrace me with all of your love when we get back to the palace." Sebastian winked at me. "Let's enjoy the show of your high guard against my royals. Ah and your so called half breed mate!" he scoffed turning his attention away from me and at the battle that was unfolding in front of us.  I stood helplessly watching everyone that I love fighting for my life. Although Uncle Thadius was able to break free he wasn't fast enough to use his sycthe before he was jumped by several royal assassins.  They had dragged him down to the ground wrapping him with silver chains.  His arms and legs were pulled and chained together at his back with a neck chain being the last piece of bondage that connected to his arms and legs.  My uncle was taken out the fight before it got started laying on his stomach straining against the chains. My eyes darted to my high guard and Korin where they were engaging the four reddish wolves and some of the assassins. I watched as they match the enemy blow by blow and using their mindlinks to work as a team to take down two wolves and one assassin.

"Oh Celina, if only your high guard had more time to sharpened their new found gifts they would be a threat to us.  But alas watch them as I have them killed one by one." Sebastian inclined his head slightly and more assassins emerged from the trees to join in the fight. "Of course you can stop this at any time."

"How?" my teeth grind as I spat out that word. I knew he couldn't be trusted.

"I will give you a choice.  Marry me and I will let you live. Or die with them."

"There is no way I will marry you."

Sebastian laughed, "Don't be rash.  I will give you a few minutes to think it over.  As soon as you say yes we will leave."

"And you will let them live?"

"Yes."

"Thadius?"

"Non-negotiable.  He is to be tried for the murder of your mother and father. So what's it going to be?"

I knew I couldn't trust anything that came out of his mouth.  I looked over to see Trevor and Korin fighting back to back against the royals.  Jules and Niko had transformed into their wolves and were fighting the remaining two reddish wolves. Sage and Raven were holding their own against three royals but I could tell they were tiring out. Alpha Brant and his warriors had joined the fight and they were engage against the other royal assassins but not fairing as well.  I did not want anymore bloodshed and I turned my attention back to Sebastian.

"Ok I will marry you. Now tell your assassins to retreat!" Sebastian sent out a message and the assassin withdrew from the fight.

Celina what are you doing?

Trevor I'm saving your lives.

I cut off our mindlink.

"Well it seems that my fiance has finally came to her senses and has agreed to leave with us.  I will make sure that I send you all a wedding invitation." Sebastian boasted. I mindlinked with my uncle.