Chapter 29: On the Path...

Hey mah Kittenz! All of your support is greatly appreciated, but you guys are probably going to hate me for leaving you Kittenz on a cliff hanger on the final Chapper of this book. I know, I know, "why tell us that there's gonna be a cliff hanger?" I'm warning you children. I'm warning you.....
On with your story!

Liam's POV

I was following the direction that Lady Aphmau was heading in, failing in my attempts to keep up with her, so I just fell behind slightly as I pondered how I was going to convince Aphmau to love me within the time that I had until we reach Pheonix Drop.

Maybe I could try getting to know her better before doing anything else, that would probably work!

I agreed on this plan and we reached the pathway.

"So, um, Aph!" I said, my tone nervous. She looked at me quizzically.

"Did you just call me Aph?" She asked, her eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

"Yes I did Aph." I said cheerfully.

"Heh..... Garroth calls me Aph sometimes too... " Aphmau replied, her eyes shining as she stared off into the sky, thinking about him. I clenched my hands into fists when she says his name.

I want to be the man she loves, the one that she stares off into the cloud thinking about, her thoughts that keep her up in the middle of the night, the source of her happiness.

I just want to be loved.....

"S-So....." I stated awkwardly as I stared at the path, pretending to look interested at the ground passing beneath us.

A moment of silence hung heavy in the air between us.

This is too awkard and cringy to bear.....ask her something, say something, ANYTHING!!!

"U-um, what's Phoenix Drop like?" I asked, trying to seem interested and attempted a fake smile for the lovely lord.

She glaced over at me and our gazes locked with her bright smile.

"Phoenix Drop is amazing! It's the best home you could ask for! All of the people are so nice and we all work together to make Phoenix Drop the ideal place to live. We have an amazing guard system, and the head guard is, well, you guessed it, Garroth! You'll have to see him to start working here as a guard." She recited, sounding especially happy when she was talking about him.

A venomous rage started flowing through my veins, but I quickly soothed before it managed to rise to the surface, and I covered it up with yet another fake smile.

I would have to work with that piece of sh!t?!

Aphmau looked ahead on the path and gasped at what she saw and pointed ahead. I followed the direction of what she was pointing to, and saw a large, magnificent gate that stood proudly against a wall, guarding what it was built to.

"Phoenix Drop.....my home." She whispered in awe.

Garroth's POV

I woke up just as my boat brushed up against the sandy beach near the dock of Okasis.

I looked up at the shadows that were thankfully blocking out the harsh rays of the sun, but my eyes widened as I realised that they were Okasis guards from the palace.

One used the butt (A/N heh...heh....butt) of his sword to ram into my forehead, and the world slowly blacked out of my view.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey mah kittenz! Don't forget to leave a vote if you enjoyed it and a comment telling me what was going through your creative minds when you read this! Remember, next chapper is the last....er? I don't know I tried to make it ryme..... Oh well, 'til next update!