Chapter 45

Chapter 45: Death

Adeline Mills

"When will he be back? I can't exactly kill him if he isn't on the island, you know."

"We don't know. I heard from the mermaids he's destroying all the realms. It's a chaos all around."

"He wouldn't destroy the realms land, that means less power for him."

"I heard he is first releasing a powder of green magic in the air to collect all of the magic out of the realm. Then he is releasing a sort of destruction tool and destroying the kingdoms, shops, villages, houses, armies, all sorts of things."

"And what does he plan on doing with the broken land?"

"I heard he wants to combine all realms, make it into one huge one, where no king or queen exists... just him."

"Everyone's already under his command, what more does he want?"

"He wants to be the only main guy. He doesn't want there to be a drop of royal blood if it isn't his. I think he's going to kill the royals when he's complete."

I let out a desperate sigh and began to rub my temples. Tinkerbelle had just told me the worst thing I have heard since I was told arching in a dress was not lady appropriate when I was ten.

"What realms has he destroyed already?" I asked and Tink suddenly seemed uncomfortable answering me. She squirmed in her chair and gave me a sad look.

"So far, he took down Oz first, then Wonderland and Berk. They believe he's after Arendelle next."

The wind was knocked out of me. I swear for a moment I lost all sanity.

~

"Does anyone know for sure when he will return?"

"Does it matter? We need to stop him before he invades Arendelle. When did they say he was proceeding the plan for Arendelle?"

"In two days time." Tink responded and I nodded. Tiger Lily sat across from me, Alejandro to my left, Tink to my right. We were all seated at a round table and each of us had a perfect vision of each other.

"He could take over everything by that time. We need to go to him instead of waiting for him to return." I mumbled and Tiger Lily nodded her head slowly.

"But we need a way off this island. Without Pan's permission, it's almost impossible to leave."

"What if we fly? Or swim? Mermaids can tell able through realms, and all we need is to fly towards the second star." Tink suggested and Tiger Lily scoffed.

"Last time I checked, none of us besides you have wings, Tink, and none of us have a tail or gills." Tiger Lily snapped.

As soon as Tiger Lily said those words, I remembered something about a type of seaweed that gave you the ability to breath underwater.

"Gillyweed."

"What?"

"I once visited this realm with my mother. Their magic is strange. There was a type of plant called Gillyweed that helps you breath underwater and gains you gills for mere hours."

"What kind of bloody realm was that?"

"Not sure. Everyone had a stick in their hands though. It was quite odd." I finished.

"But nonetheless, one of them gave me a supply of Gillyweed. Here." I pulled out a medium sized glass container filled with slimy looking grass. Alejandro looked at it and made a face of disgust.

"It looks revolting! Que asco!" He gagged and I grinned mischeivious.

"Oh you haven't even tasted it yet." I chuckled and shoved the container into Tiger Lily's hands. Tiger Lily frowned at the jar and held it far from her.

"When do you reckon we should leave?"

"Well, he attacks in two days, so how about one day before? That way, we stop him before his invasion. We'll stop him at Arendelle." Tinkerbelle said and I agreed.

"Then it looks like tomorrow we leave for Arendelle."

~

"Ready?"

"I'm not swimming there, I have wings! Besides, that looks ghastly! Completely vile!" Tinkerbelle snapped to Alejandro who was trying to convince his girlfriend to swim to Arendelle instead of flying there. I snickered and shoved Alejandro away.

"Leave her alone. You just don't want to suffer with the seaweed, do you?" I teased and he frowned.

"It looks revolting-

"Be a man." Tiger Lily snapped as she walked past us. I grinned at Al before following close behind.

"Come along. It's time. The Lost Boys have moved to the other side of the island. If we walk quickly, we could make it plenty before to the beach." She said and grabbed her knapsack off the ground and began walking towards the far end of the underground cave, which she told me lead to the beach.

"What do you think it's like to die?" I suddenly asked and everyone fell silent as we were already halfway down the cave that led to the beach.

"I think it like falling asleep. Ever have one of those days when you're so sleepy you can't even keep your eyes open?" Alejandro questioned and I nodded.

"Well, I guess it's like that. Except, this time, you won't be able to ever keep your eyes awake anymore."

"Do you think it hurts?" I continued and this time, Tinkerbelle took the stand.

"I guess at first it should. But then I believe it turns into a good pain... like when you remove a splinter from your finger. Then, I guess it just vanishes." Tink responded softly and I let her words sink in. I chuckled quietly and looked up.

"My mum used to joke on how she would find a way for us to live forever. I always kind of believed it would be true, and she would find a way for us to live happily ever forever. Silly, isn't it?" I laughed with no emotion at the end and Tiger Lily decided to speak.

"Everyone dies eventually, Addy. The goal isn't to live forever like Pan does... the goal is to create something that will last eternity."

"And with what you are sacrificing, this is the chance for everyone to live with no monster breathing down their necks. It's an opportunity you are giving the royals to be able to rule their kingdoms however they wish. It's something that will last forever." She finished and I smiled weakly when my feet suddenly hit the white sand of the beach I had first arrived on.

It hadn't changed, and I didn't expect it to. The only thing that was different, was me. When I first arrived on the isalnd, I didn't know what would happen to me.

But here I stood. In the same place where I arrived, this time, knowing what was going to happen.

"Are you scared of dying?"

"No... no, not anymore."

"Isn't it scary to be ready to die at such a young age?"

"Not when you know your death is going to make a difference."