Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Princess

5 Years Later...

"Like this?"

"Yeah that's right, hold it tight and... let it go!" I let go of the arrow and it shot straight through the air and it smacked into the red bulls-eye. I cheered at my own victory and turned to daddy happily.

"Look dad! Right through the last arrow!" I squealed. He gave out a loud laugh and pulled me into a hug.

"That's my little girl." Robin Hood smiled down to me, his only daughter. I giggled and lightly bounced on my feet.

"Daddy, I want to have my own bow! I want a bow of my own!" I pouted. Daddy shook his head and smiled lightly.

"Your mother won't like that, baby." He said and picked me off the ground. I squealed and laughed. As a 6 years old, this was like flying!

"Why won't mommy like it?" I asked.

"She says its not very lady like." He responded. I pouted and looked down.

"Ok."

"Come on sweetie, let's get you back to the castle." He said as he picked me off the ground and carried me back.

Robin Hood

"Here she is," I said as I sat my daughter down on the floor. She giggled and she ran away to play with her puppy. Her mother gave me a look.

"You took her out to use that bow again."

"Yes, I did and guess what? She asked for one of her own."

"She's not using a bow. Ever. Its not lady like."

"Yeah, well neither is teaching her how to use magic." I protested against her mother. She rolled her eyes and huffed.

"Magic runs in her blood-"

"Well, archery runs in her veins!" I argued back. She huffed and crossed her arms. She was about to protest again but tiny rapid footsteps ran into the room.

"Mommy, mommy! Phoebe went pee pee on the floor!" Adeline screamed. Her mother scooped her off the ground and glared lightly at Phoebe the dog.

"Bad Phoebe. Bad. No peeing on the floor!" She exclaimed playfully. Adeline giggled and wrapped her tiny arms around her mother's neck. Her light brown, curly hair flopped down covering her light green eyes as she cuddled closer to her mom's neck.

"We have to go now. Say bye to daddy." Her mother said. I nodded slightly and kissed Adeline's temple.

"Bye, princess."

"Bye bye daddy." She said quietly and sucked her thumb. I chuckled lightly and pulled her thumb away from her mouth.

"You're getting too big to suck your thumb, darling," I stated. She pouted but obeyed and stopped sucking. I picked up the 4-month-old puppy and gave it to Adeline. She squealed and engulfed the pet in a loving hug. I chuckled again and turned to her mother and nodded.

"Bring her back soon, Zelena."

"I will, Robin."

And they left back to Oz.

"Where's Zelena and my niece?" A new voice suddenly asked. I turned towards the sweet voice and smiled.

"They literally just left," I informed. She frowned and sighed.

"And I was going to give Adeline a gift." I smiled and kissed her lightly on the lips.

"Don't worry, Regina. Your sister promised to bring her 'round soon."

11 Years Later...

Adeline Mills

I grinned widely as I successfully ripped the arrow right in the bullseye, slicing the other arrow in half.

"Look at ye! All professional n' stuff!" I turned my head and grinned at my best friend.

"A life of bows, arrows, and magic; what could be better?" I asked, mockingly. Merida laughed and brushed some of her fiery red hair back.

"If only we had complete control over our own kingdoms. Now that would be great." She mumbled the last part. I sighed and nodded.

Though our families did rule the lands, someone was ruling them. I have never met the beast or even know his name, but my mother said he's a demon sent straight from hell.

"Fantasies can come true, right?" The redhead asked. I shrugged but hoped that they did. I was next in line to rule Oz. I sure as hell didn't want to be under the command of some controlling magical freak.

"When I become Queen of Dunbroch and rule the clans, we sure as hell are going to try to regain our freedom." Merida snapped as she let another arrow go, causing it to go straight into the bullseye.

"You'll die in the process! Everyone who has tried, has failed and has ended up digging their own grave, what makes you think that when we are in charge, we can overthrow him?" I asked. She smirked and let another arrow go, this time, ripping the first one in half.

"Because we are going to change fate."

~

I curtsy down and smiled politely as many queens of other lands gushed over me.

"Look at you, Adeline! You are so big now! You have grown into a beautiful young lady! You are going to make an excellent queen!" Queen Elinor, Queen Primrose, and Queen Anastasia mused over my aging. I guessed they have a right to do so; they haven't seen me since I was 1 year old when the royals had the last meeting discussing he who shall not be named.

Not that I actually knew his name. My mother had kept it from me.

She said she doesn't want to poison my young brain with the devil.

"Adeline! Come on!" I turned my head to see Merida, waiting impatiently. I nodded slightly and turned to the royals and curtsy again.

"Lovely to see you all again. Please excuse me." Multiple voices overlapped as I ran after the frustrated 17-year-old.

"Hurry! Before Preppy over there decides to join us." She mumbled. I giggled. Preppy was what Merida now calls Rapunzel, the princess and only daughter of King Thomas and Queen Primrose. Rapunzel... Rapunzel was a bit more princess-like, who spent her time reading, painting and being silent. As opposed to Merida and me, we preferred getting dirty, shooting arrows running through the woods with no purpose. My mother said I get it from my father.

Perks of being the daughter of Robin Hood.