Chapter 31

Chapter 31: Memories, Candles, Stars, & Kisses

7 Years Earlier...

Adeline Mills

"Must I learn about all this mum?" I asked in a bored voice. She nodded and sighed moving her curly brown hair out of her green eyes. I frowned. For a ten year old, it was plain out boring.

"Now, back to where we were. Your governess is here already." I turned to the door to see Miss Matilda, a lady in her mid twenties walking in with a fat looking book.

"Time for History, madam. We're going to learn about your great-something grandmother." She spoke with her thick french accent. I rolled my eyes and huffed.

"I hate History." I droned on.

"Please Adeline, behave." My mother snapped. I groaned and sighed.

"Fine. If I must." I said with an irritated voice.

"Right well, you have complete control Matilda. I have some business to attend to." My mother said before walking out, leaving me to die of boredom.

"I assume you know of the battle between the first Dark One and the first Pure One?" She asked and I shook my head no.

"Well, even so, this story actually belongs in your familys blood line. Your something-great grand mother was the first Pure One. She, Victoria Mills, was as they called her, the Pure One. She was an image for sore eyes, innocence radiating off of her. Now, she was chosen by the Lord of Life to be given a very important title. She was blessed with the act of being the Pure One. The Lord of Death was furious, though. He believed that
The Lord of Life was trying to challenge him. So he created the Dark One. But back to Victorua Mills. She was-"

I gasped as I fairly remember bits and pieces of what my governess once told me. I didn't remember much, though, because once she got into the good stuff, I somehow managed to fall asleep during her lecture.

I scowled and mentally hit myself for not paying more attention to my lessons. Now was a good time to know stuff.

Titles, like royalty, riches and such, are passed down in familes. Royal blood is one of them. But what about this one? Is the title of the Pure One also passed down? If so, does it mean someone in my blood family is the destined Pure One? And if so, who?

I started to look back at my family tree but none of my previous relatives hit me as pure, or even nice to be honest. There's my grandmother, Cora, who killed for fun, my aunt Regina, who killed for revenge, my mother, who killed to get what she wanted.

Non of them got the title of Pure One. Maybe it skipped a few generations...

"Breakfast, Adeline!" I heard Felix yell. I huffed and pulled myself out of bed.

"No need to yell, pervert, I'm right here." I snapped and he rolled his eyes. It hadn't been an easy couple of days. We have been yelling at each other, throwing insults, and we were probably going to kill each other one day.

"After you finish eating, Pan wants to see you."

"When does he not?" I snapped and made my way towards the main fire, where Rufio had breakfast waiting. I smiled at him and took a plate and immedialty began devoring it.

"Slow down, you'll choke on your food." Liam said as he sat next to me. I scoffed, ignored him, and continued eating. I have developed a friendship with Liam and Alejandro, who both seemed to be the only nice and reasonable people on the island.

As for Felix, we developed a more love/hate relationship.

"Any of you two know why Pan wants to see me today?" I asked as Alejandro took a seat on my other side. Both shrugged and my curiosity continued to eat me alive.

"Done?" I looked up and saw Felix towering over me. I growled and pushed my plate away.

"Well, I lost my appitiate when I saw that thing you call a face, so yeah, I guess I'm done." I snapped back. Muffled chuckles and laughs were being prevented as all the Lost Ones heard me. Felixs' face burned red and he snarled his teeth at me.

"He's over there." He gritted out. I smiled sweetly and walked in the direction he pointed me in. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Felix had led me to a ditch filled with Dreamshade and had thrown me in. And to be completely honest, I wouldn't expect less of him.

But where he pointed to led me straight to Pan, who stood in a small clearing waiting for me.

"What do you want now..." I trailed off as I notice what was behind him.

A table with floating candles surrounding it were on the nice clearing. Orchids, which he somehow knew were my favorite flowers, were spread throughout the entire clearing, including the table. On the table, were varieties of Italian food, which he somehow also knew were my favorite type of food.

"Take a seat, my queen." He said as he pulled out a chair. I'm too dazed to object so I obeyed. He then took the seat across from me and snapped his fingers. Immediatly, two glass flutes appeared. Next to them also appeared a bucket of ice with two bottles of white wine. He winked at me and poured me a glass. Pan handed it to me and gave a smirk. He also poured one for himself and lifted it up.

"Cheers, love." I clinked my glass against his and said cheers softly. I took a sip and Pan's eyes never left me.

"Here, enjoy." He said and pushed a plate filled with ample pastas and a basket stacked perfectly with garlic bread. I lifted a fork filled with alfredo up to my lips. As I was about to bite into it when I stopped. I looked up to the boy with the piercing green eyes.

"What are you playing at Pan?" I asked suspiciously. He laughed a genuine laugh and honestly it frightened me for a split second.

"I thought my queen deserved a nice evening with her king. Quite delicious, isnt it?" I raised an eyebrow but smiled anyway.

"It's perfect Peter."

He grinned even wider when he heard me say his name.

~

We laid togther on a red blanket, staring up towards the stars. We were laughing, teasing each other, and goofing around, something I never pictured myself doing with Peter.

"See if you follow the handle of the Little Diper, you'll find the Big Diper." I said in a hushed voice. Peter smiled and trailed the edge with his finger.

"Is it that one?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah. And there's the mighty Hercules. Legend says that when he saved Olympus, his father Zeus, drew up a constallation of him in the sky." I said and pointed out the figures in the night sky. I turned my head towards him and saw him smiling at me.

"Whats wrong?" I asked, not sure why he stared so intensely at me. Peter laughed and shook his head.

"Nothing. Did you enjoy your evening love?" He asked, completely ignoring my question. I nodded and let out a small giggle. He turned back to the stars but I kept my gaze on him.

"Peter...?"

"Yeah?" He still looked at the sky. I grabbed his chin and moved his face towards mine. He seemed confused at first but I ignored what he was about to say. I smiled at him before leaning in.

And I pressed my lips gently against his.