Chapter 26

Chapter 26: Twin Help

Adeline Mills

I paced the cold, stone floors. The smell of the rotting dungeon was not a pleasant one. The situation I found myself in infuriated me. Locked in my own family's dungeon. This is treason!

"Mum!" I screamed as I placed my face through the rails and screamed at the top of my lungs. I have been screaming for over three hourd now. My voice was raw. Behind me, I heard Jack groan in frusteration and I turned to him sharply.

"This is what I get for being kind! This is what I get for being helpful! Ridiculous!" Jack said as he threw his arms in the air for dramatical effect.

"Well, fuck you too." I snapped back and scowled at him. He frowned and played with his shoelace. I took in short breaths as I attempted to keep calm. But I still continued to pace.

"This all Pan's fault. Bloody demon!" I mumbled to myself, making Jack give me a weird look. I ignore him, as he was quite rude earlier, and continued mumbling under my breath.

"Let me out! I don't have much time!" I yelled and a guard suddenly walked up to me.

"Why the bloody hell are you still yelling?!" He demanded and I glared at him.

"So somebody will hear me and get me out! I'm the princess! I don't belong in here!" I snapped back and he laughed dryly.

"The king and queen don't have a princess, just princes. Two actually, Prince Henry and Prince Roland."

"What about princess Adeline?" I snapped.

"Princess Adeline is the daughter of the Wicked Witch. She's a bastard, not worthy of a crown, her or her mother!"

"You better watch that tongue of yours, mate, I wouldn't want to be here when I get out." I hissed, my eyes red from the insults he threw towards my mother.

"I'm the only one here who truely sees that green witch for what she really is. Once a witch, always a witch." In complete utter rage, I slipped my hands through the bars and wrapped my hand aroumd the guard's neck. I yanked him against the bars, as being the only thing that separated me and him, and place my face close to his. I snarled at him as his eyes went extremely wide and he struggled to breath.

"Now listen carefully, you pathetic excuse of meat, dare yourself to insult my mother in my presence, and I will make sure you lose more than just your pretty face." I hissed in venom. He gulped and I pushed him away and rested my head between two bars.

"Now go!" I snapped as he was going to talk again. I raised my head and waved him away when I realized he wasn't moving.

"Go! Leave! What the fuck are you still doing here!?" I screamed like a maniac and he scurried away in fear. Jack watched him leave as the guard passes.

"Ha, you made him cry!" Jack laughed and clutched his cheeks with amusemeny. I rolled my eyes and slumped against the wall.

"That was bloody wicked." He said gleefully with a huge smile on his face as he sat crossed legged across from me.

~

"Got any threes?"

"Goldfish." I said clamly and Jack groaned as he grabbed a card from the pile.

"Any queens?" Jack scoffed and rolled his eyes as he grabbed his diamond queen and handed it to me, annoyed. I smirked and grabbed the card, making a new pair in front of me.

"Bloody hell, I'm awful at this game." He mumbled under his breath. I chuckled.

"Food for the prisoners!" A guard suddenly announced and slid two trays filled with food into our cell. Jack threw his cards and instantly dug in. I scrunched my eyebrows in disgust as I examined the food. Stiff bread, dry rice, squishy fruit, stale beans, and dry meat.... if it even was meat. I let out a breath of air and go for the can of water and take huge gulps. I picked at the food, trying to make the best of it but unfortunately I failed.

"If you would even consider it food." I mumbled as I examined a piece of meat. Jack looked up at me, his cheeks filled with food as he spoke.

"You gonna eat that, princess?" Jack asked between crumbs as he pointed to the food on my tray. I rolled my eyes and shoved it towards him which he gladly accepted.

"Did you see that Troy? He just called her princess!"

"Reckon I did, Albert. You don't suppose-"

"Oh yes, I do suppose."

I frowned as I couldn't make out where the voices came from. Just as I was about to snap at them, two guards emerged from the shadows of the dungeon and stood before our cell. They were so close to my face, I took the chance to look over them. Twins. Identical twins. Both had wavy brown hair that curled at the tips of their ears. Their hazel eyes gleamed with mischief and both had a good build on them. Their tanned skin were covered by the traditional Camelot's guarding armory. One twin had a sword, the other held a crossbow.

I raised my eyebrow at them and frowned.

"And who might you two be?" I snapped. They both gave each other an amused smile and turned back to me, smiling smugly.

"We're both Camelot's royal guards, love. My names Troy-"

"And mine's Albert-"

"But just call him Al."

"Yeah just Al." It was at that moment that I realized how to tell the difference between them. One, Troy, had a heavy british accent, while the other, Albert, sounded Irish. How odd.

"Mine's Adeline." I responded blankly. No point in giving my surname, they wouldn't believe me anyways.

"And this is Jack." I said and pointed to the boy that looked sick from eating all the mushy dungeon food.

"Blimey! Ain't you got the same name as the princess of Oz?" Troy asked and I nodded my head.

"Would you believe me if I said I was her?"

"Would you look at that! I was right!" Al said as he examined my features. He frowned suddenly and took a step back.

"But might I say, love, you look a bit too scruffed up to be the princess."

"The princess would never be covered in dirt and in those types of clothes." Albert finished Troys thoughts. They looked over me, and looked at my dirty jeans and shirt. True, a princess would never wear these types of clothes.

"Well if you must know, being locked up in your aunt's dungeon will do that to you. I have been through hell and back, being almost sexually abused and being kidnapped by a demon, it will take a toll on you, trust me." I snapped, letting my anger out in my comment. They both smirked and raised an eyebrow.

"Well, today is your lucky day princess!"

"We're going to bust you out!" They said harmoniously. I smiled brightly and clapped my hands.

"Really?!" I squealed happily. They nodded and Troy swiftly pulled out hundreds of keys from his pants.

"Really really." They said together. I chuckled slightly, finding it absolutely amusing they finished each others thoughts with words.

"It would be an honor-" Al said.

"And a pleasure-" Troy continued.

"-to help the future queen of Oz." They finished together again. I smiled and pulled Jack up to his feet.

"I'm not leaving you here, come on, they breaking us out." I said and he nodded, too confused to say anything.

After minutes of the twins trying to fit the right key in the latch, a lovely click was suddenly heard and the rails of the cell slightly shifted. Troy smirked as he felt the key work. He pulled the rails away and now we were face to face, with no metal in-between.

"No let's get you out of here quick, your majesty."