Chapter 3

Chapter 3: The Boy

Adeline Mills

"... and now we have dragons!" Hiccup finished his story. Merida looked purely excited.

As her best friend, it took no detective to find out that Merida fancied Hiccup.

After one dance, Merida rejoined me from her adventure to the bathroom. The three of us moved to the edge of the ballroom and began to chat.

Well, mostly Hiccup and Merida.

"Lassie, look. Aye think, that boy likes ye." I snapped into attention and looked up towards where Merida was referring to.

A boy, with lighter brown hair and dark green eyes stared at me. When I met his gaze, he didn't bother breaking it, neither did I.

"Stop staring!" Mer whisper-yelled and slapped my arm. I yelped and caressed my arm while pouted at her.

"What?"

"Ye were makin' googily eyes at him. Stop before ye embarrass yerself." Mer advised. I could feel myself blush and I looked down at my feet. I then joined their conversation again. As we chatted away suddenly, the grounds shook. Lights started to flicker on and off and screams were heard everywhere.

"The castle's under attack!"

~

"Adeline! Hide, sweetie." My mother pushed me under a table. The cloth over it flowed to the floor so it made me non-visible. I rolled my eyes as I see Merida and Peppy. Merida sat like nothing was happening, while Rapunzel seemed like she was about to wet her pants. Her eyes were wider than usual and her breathing had become rapid. I let out a soft sigh and try to sit comfortably but the stupid dress was making it impossible. I sat as best as I could. Then something ran my mind,

Who the hell would be stupid enough to attack a castle full of royal people with powerful magic?

Zelena Mills

Once I hid my daughter away from sight, I turned to the entrance of the ballroom. Screams and shouts were heard from the outside. Cries and yells were surrounding the castle walls. The rulers of each land gripped a weapon and I held my hand out, ready to strike with magic. A suspicious thought as to who it was attacking us ran into my mind, but I wished my lucky stars that my thoughts were wrong.

"Bow before the king of all magical realms!" A loud voice boomed. I turned towards the voice and saw a kid, no older than 18, with shaggy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes screaming for us to bow. I looked at Regina. She looked at me with a scowl but we both knew what we had to do. I dropped my hands and kneeled to one knee. Regina followed. Everyone gave us a look but I returned a stern one. The men all dropped their weapons, creating a pile, and like us, got to one knee. The queens followed. Once everyone was kneeling down, the boy smirked. A sudden gust of wind blew the ballroom doors open. I squinted my eyes as the wind was harsh against my eyes. My wavy brown hair was everywhere, but then the wind stopped.

And at the door, stood a boy I never thought I'd meet.

Adeline Mills

It's him.

"What a sight. Everyone, bowing before me. How lovely." A new voice rang. One filled with authorization and power. It was British and it gave off a dark aroma.

"What do you want?" A firm voice asked. By the sounds of it, it was my aunt Regina.

"Not much. Just came by to see the commoners celebrating. But aren't we missing some people?" The voice sarcastically asked. I guess Preppy put two and two together and knew he was talking about us, because she opened her mouth to scream. I instantly clammed my hand on top of her motub before anything could come out. But I was too late. A scream left Rapunzel's voice.

I closed my eyes in disbelief and pierced my lips together.

I could faintly hear Merida cursing under her breath. I closed my eyes in despair and groaned silently.
Suddenly the table was lifted with magic and flung across the room and it broke against the wall. I let go of Rapunzel's mouth, and her high pitched screams filled the room. I covered my head as the table was shattered to pieces, splinters flying through the air.

Merida then got to her feet and instantly got her bow and placed an arrow, ready to let one go if she must. I jumped to my feet as well. As for Preppy, she hid behind me and shivered like a wet dog out in the dark, cold night.

"Ahh! Look at this. Princess Merida of Dunbroch, Princess Rapunzel of Corona, and the lovely Princess Adeline of Oz." I felt shivers go down my body as my name rolled off his tongue. He stared hungrily at me as he shamelessly looked up and down my body. His attention then shifted to the scared princess hiding behind me. Suddenly, I felt Preppy's presence leave. Rapunzel disappeared and reappeared in front of the boy. She screamed in fear and fell to the ground. The boy watched her, amused by her fear. I glance towards King Thomas, Queen Primrose and Eugene. All looked like they were about to break into tears. Except Eugene. He had absolute rage and anger in him as the demon ran his finger on Preppy's arm. She cried harder and tears ran down her cheeks and for once, I pitied her. I guess Merida finally snapped, because an arrow flew past the boy, missing his hand by only inches. The boy snapped his head towards Merida, but she showed no fear. Instead, she grabbed a new arrow and placed it ready to go.

"That was a warning! Next time, I won't miss." She said sternly. Her accent got thicker as she got madder. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Queen Elinor, who looked like she's about to faint while Fergus tried his hardest not panic.

The demon boy chuckled and walked a couple steps towards us. He was still across the ballroom. Rapunzel took the opportunity to run back into her boyfriend's arm. He instantly wrapped himself around the scared princess as small whimpers left her.

"Such bravery for a princess. You have raised her well, Fergus." He said, directing the last part to the King. Merida keep a firm face. He chuckled.

Then he turned his attention to me. I curl my fingers and sparks of fire appears, a sign of caution. The fire suddenly grew, causing a luminous light to reflect off my peachy face. He smirked at the sight of my magic.

"And here we have Adeline Mills, the daughter of Robin Hood and Zelena Mills." He stared at me and I scowled. He suddenly snapped his fingers. Merida then disappeared from my side. She reappeared by her mothers side and her mom instantly covered her in motherly kisses.

And I was the only one left.

"Do you know who I am love?" The british voice asked. I glanced towards my parents, who gave no sign of help but instead a face of desperation. I frowned and put my fire out. My hands fell down to my side with a dramatic huff.

"No." I stated, defeated. He smirked harder at the sound of my voice.

"Course you don't, your mother never told you." He then stopped and bowed before me.

"My name's Peter, Peter Pan, love. And I'm here for the queen of Neverland."