Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Orientation (Part 1)

DAY 1~ Fighting Skills

Adeline Mills

When I was little, I wanted to be a boy.

Hold on, I'll explain.

When I was about 5 years old, my father taught me to use a bow and arrow for the first time. I, of course, enjoyed every moment and now, I'm an expert in the art of archery. My mother thought otherwise. She used to say a lady shouldn't use a bow or any type of weapons, except for magic. She didn't allow me to go camping with my dad and the merry men, she didn't let me get dirty, she didn't let me go sailing with Hook, and because of these actions, now I had no clue how to sword fight. I always thought boys got the better end of the stick, in other words, boys had more advantages. So I hated the fact that I was a girl. I never thought girls would have a weapon against boys.

But today, Felix taught me otherwise.

I had the upper hand this time. I had the ability to enhance them without even realizing it. I was a girl!

To be honest, I would never really use my... curves as a distraction or weapon. But it's either this or a cage and no more memories.

And the way I see it, they can look but not touch. It's a win-win.

After three days of practicing with Felix, today was my first test.

Fighting skills.

I sat in a tent that Pan had claimed was mine. It was actually Pan's, him not wanting to give me my own.

"You are going to be my queen, Adeline. You have to get used to sleeping in the same tent as I. As your king."

I placed on a v-neck t-shirt and slipped on some shorts. Not too short but short enough to distract. I slipped on ankled combat boots and threw my hair into a messy fishtail braid.

As I gave myself an inspirational speech in my head, I took a deep breath and walked out the door.

As I made my way to the training area, I saw Pan standing there with a couple of other boys. He smirked when he saw me and walked up to me.

"Looking lovely as ever, my darling." He said. I rolled my eyes and scowled.

"Let's just get this over with." I said monotune. He chuckled and whistled loudly. Instantly, more boys came out of the forest and into the clearing, creating a circle around me. As I looked around, I'd say about 15 lost boys. 17 including Felix and Pan.

"First runner up, Micheal!" Pan yelled. Cheers rang around and I was pushed to the middle of the dirt ring. I turned towards the kid and nearly chocked at how young he was.

"No, no way! Peter, he's barely 6 years old!" I protested loudly. He smirked while shrugging.

"He's the first runner up. Now go, beat him down." Pan said while carelessly waving his hand. I looked down to Micheal who avoided my gaze.

"No, that's called child abuse! I won't beat down a kid!" I yelled again. Pan rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Fine. Will you use one of your freebies?" He asked and I nodded my head rapidly.

"Alright then, next is Tootles!" Another young boy walked into the circle. He's not even taller than my waist!

"Are you kidding me, Pan?! He's just a kid!" I snapped angerily.

"Oh my god, Addy! All you have to do is push him down, love!" Pan yelled at me. I gasped and frowned.

"No! I want to use another one of my freebies!" I yelled. He rolled his eyes and sighed.