Chapter 22

Chapter 22: Damn You, Peter Pan

Adeline Mills

I felt better, thank you very much.

After two more days of me laying in bed, my sickness had reduced down and Pan let me do stuff again. Which meant I finally got to look for ways to leave camp and get to the cave where Baelfire's things were. That ex-lost boy knew how to get off this island, and I wanted to do the same. I sat alone in Pan's tent. He had some things to do with the Lost Boys so he decided to place a protection spell around the camp so I wouldn't try to escape.

I finally got bored of just lounging around, so I got up and decided to change. I slipped on a pair of dark tight jeans and a dark blue t-shirt and struggled to lace my boots. I then moved onto my hair. I settled on a high pony tail and a dark blue hair tie to match my shirt.

I went outside and instantly my stomach began to growl.

"I left some food near the fire for when you get hungry, love. We'll be back soon, princess." Pan had said before he left.

I instantly began searching for the tray of food he had promised. Finally I found the plate stacked with pancakes and thin slices of wild pig bacon. I grinned at the wonderous sight and instantly began digging my face in.

"Where are you going?" I had asked Pan.

"No where that concerns you, darling." He had responded. I had shrugged it off and had just let it slide. As I chewed the last bit of pancake, I chugged down the last of the berry juice and sat in my thoughts, alone. It's days like this that concerned me. I don't know where they went, and I don't know how long it will take them to return; When I scanned the map Tink had given me, according to my calculations, to get to Baelfire's cave, it would take me exactly 3 days to get there, and three days to get back. If I ran half and half, it will cut the trip down to only 2 days to and back. But of course, Pan didn't trust me (and frankly, neither would I), and he put a protection spell around the camp that kept me from leaving. I huffed and grabbed a stick and began sketching out a plan in the dirt.

First off,

1)Find a way to get this shield down
2)Find a way to leave camp without Pan or any Lost Boys catching me
3)Get to Baelfire's cave
4)Find the way off the island
5)Get off the island

It's almost perfect.

The estimated time would be an issue as well. Tinkerbelle told me that Pan knows about everything that happens on this island. Which means he will find me in no time short. So I also need to find a way to keep my whereabouts hidden.

"ADELINE! We're back!" I gasped and quickly began to wipe away the figures in the dirt with my boot as I heard the familiar stomps of the Lost Boys. I managed to erase the scribbles and turned to face the boys as they pour out of the forest, crossing the protection spell and into the camp. I forced a smile.

"Enjoy breakfast, love?" Pan asked as he stopped at my side. I nodded and and thanked him softly.

"Pan, you still haven't completed our bargain." I stated once I had conjured enough courage to face him. He raised an eyebrow and quirked a smile; correction: a smirk.

"What bargain?"

"Don't play stupid, bloody idiot, we made a deal. You said that if I completed all of orientation, you would let me go home for 3 whole days." I snapped and placed my hands on my waist. He chuckled, humorless, and took the same position as me.

"Huh. I did say that, didnt I? Okay, love, you may go back home." He said and I was about to break into my happy dance.

"But..."

Son of a bitch, there is always a but.

"I will go get you in three days. No more, no less. That cuff on your wrist will stay on, and one more thing, you won't try to out run me, or go into hiding. I will always find you, love. Forever and always." I nodded once he stated his restrictions. He turned towards the Lost Boys and smirked.

"Boys! Why don't we show Adeline, The Escaping Portal!"

~

"I'm not jumping in that good awful thing!" I screamed as my light brown whipped across my face because of the wind from the roaring portal.

"This is the Escaping Portal, love! It will take you back to the Enchanted Forest! It only appears at the call of the ruler of Neverland! Now if you wanna go home, then you'll have to suck it up and jump!"

"How do I know this won't just take me to my death?!"

"Darling if I wanted to kill you, I would've already. I'm getting impatient, now either jump or the deal's off!" He screamed from the other side of the portal. I gripped onto the brick outline that surrounds it and looked at the green thing in horror and fear.

"ONE!" Peter began counting.

"TWO!" I don't think twice as I forced myself to let go of the brick wall and leaped into the portal.

And the last thing I saw was Pans radiating green eyes staring back at me.

~

I coughed viciously as I tried to get to my feet once again. I didn't exactly have a soft landing once I had jumped into the portal. As I managed to get to my feet, I saw something near my feet. I picked it up and scowled.

You have 3 days, Love

- Peter Pan

I scoffed and rolled my eyes but stuffed it in my pocket. I took sudden interest in my surroundings. I frowned as I looked around and gasped as realization filled me in. The familiar scene ran through my mind and I began to realize how far I actually was from the actual castle. The trees, the clearing, it all came rushing back in an instant.

"DAMN YOU PETER PAAAANNN!"

I was exactly 3 days away from my castle, with no magic to get me there otherwise.