Chapter 27

Chapter 27: We Almost Made It

Adeline Mills

Less than two days is what I had left. Less than 48 hours did I have left of freedom.

He was going to arrive soon.

We, as in Troy, Al, Jack, and myself, managed to get past all the other guards and I led the way through the secret passages (which weren't such secrets anymore) that lead all underneath Camelot's castle. I hoped to god the guards wouldn't rat out my secret passages.

"Through the passaaaggge, as we go on with life, through the castttllllleee, we are risking our lives!" The twin sang and I rolled my eyes.

"We won't get caught if you sealed your lips shut!" I snapped. Al laughed and Troy wiggled his eyebrows.

"You could always help seal them..." He said in a singy voice. Both Jack and Al laughed. I was about to scold at them when I stopped walking and my eyes widened.

"Addy, why did you-"

"Shh! Quiet." I whispered soflty. They instantly stopped. I heard what I needed to hear. Various clanks and yells screamed through the floor above us. I recongized the noise.

"We're under the castles' kitchen." I whispered. I looked above my head and pointed towards the trap door that blended in with the rest of the wooden floor.

"There's a trap door in the hall where the royal paintings are. It's not far, keep up." I hissed and they all nodded as they began to follow me again.

Suddenly, the wooden old planks of floor, became hard stone tiles. The floor transformed into the familiar white stone tiles I used to fall on as a child.

"Here we are." I whispered as I found the outlining of the trap door. I slowly lifted it up and looked around for people. Nobody was there, so I fully pushed it open.

"Crap, I can't pull myself out." I groaned. I heard three pairs of laughs behind me and I scowled. I squealed as I feel a pair of strong arms around my waist. They hoisted me up and I landed on the tiles. I looked down to see Troy smirking up at me. I rolled my eyes and stuck out my hand to help him up.

"Close the trap door." I commanded when we were all out of the secret tunnels. I examined my surroundings and nodded when I saw no one around.

"We're not far from my room. We just need to stay hidden." I whispered. They all nodded and we began to lurk around the empty halls of the castle.

~

"I will never understand royals..." Jack Hill said as soon as we entered my room. He looked around, scrunching his face as he examined all the expensive stuff lying around.

"Why would you even need a diamond encrested bottle opener?" He asked as he examined the opener that was on my vanity.

"It was a gift from Jack, the King of Arendelle." I informed and yanked it out of his hands and placed it back where it was.

"Wicked..." Troy said with an awe as he saw the multiple weapons I had arranged on the wall.

I heard a sudden crash. I snapped my head towards Al who had a guilty expression on his face. He had dropped a glass perfume bottle.

"Al, that stuff was expensive!" I snapped and waved my hand. Nothing happened and I remembered my magic was gone. I groaned. I couldn't fix my broken perfume with my magic. I had none left.

"Just leave it alone." I said as Al began to try and clean it up. I shooed him away, insisting he didn't have to get me a new one.

"Shut up! Shut up! Listen..." I suddenly scolded as I heard multiple yells in the castle.