Chapter 25

Chapter 25: Walking

Adeline Mills

As we walked in complete silence, many things ran through my mind.

One, I was almost raped and abused. It was awful and frankly, I didn't think I would be able to live with it.

Two, I didn't have a lot of time left. I couldn't wait to get home.

My feet ached as they hit the dirty ground. I panted and was completely worn out.

"Jack?"

"Yeah?"

"Are we there yet?" I asked out of breath. We haven't stopped since this morning. It was already half past noon. We ran a while back, but now we were just walking. Even after pleading to rest, Jack had denied. He said we would get there faster if we didn't stop.

"Almost." He whispered and gave out a grunt as we continued to climb the bloody hill. I groaned. I felt like my feet were about to fall off.

"Help me I'm dying internally..." I complained softly. I heard Jack chuckled and he shook his head. He was way ahead of me and was already at the top of the hill.

"You're gonna wanna see this, love." He said and I pushed myself to walk faster.

"My god, I have never been so tired in my bloody life." I panted as I reached the top of the hill. I dropped to my stomach and struggled to regain my breath.

"Look there, your highness." He said and pointed off to the distance.
I squinted my eyes and grinned widely as the figure clicked in my mind. A building, where I had made many lovely memories stood there.

"My castle!" I exclaimed.

"Well, my aunt's castle." I correctef myself. He laughed and took my hand. I turned to him and smiled.

"Would you prefer a piggy back ride?" He questioned as he rose an eyebrow.

"Really?" I questioned.

"Unless you wanna run till we get there? Either that or I could carry you..." He said. I smiled gratefully and nodded. He grinned and kneeled down. I hopped onto his back and wrapped my arms around his neck. He stood up with no effort and I squealed as he jumped a bit, making me jerk up as well.

"Thanks for this." I said. He nodded and I could almost feel his huge smile.

"No problem, sweetheart." I smiled with a light blush.

"Now let's get you home."

~

"My god, I'm extremely tired!" I yelled as we continued walking. Jack grumbled.

"You aren't even walking!" He exclaimed and lightly elbowed me. I gasped and pouted.

"It's tiring being on your back, you know." I snapped. I squealed loudly when I'm suddenly thrown down to the floor. I groaned as I closed my eyes in pain.

"Bloody hell, what was that for?" I snapped. I opened my eyes to see Jack's blue one's boring into mine. He was chuckling. He pointed out towards the castle again.

I grinned as I realized what it was. The familiar tall building that I spent my summers in.

"See? Look there's the village. We're almost there." Jack said and I smiled.

"Yes we are."

Peter Pan

"I'm not saying that she could take you down... but in other words, she totally can." Alejandro frowned and tackled Liam down. The Lost Boys were arguing over who Adeline could take down again. I rolled my eyes as I watched the 18 year old's try to take each other down.