Chapter 21

Chapter 21: Wet Feet

Adeline Mills

I have always been told to never get my feet wet. Everyone always told me, especially my mum. She would say,

Of all the terrible things in the world to do outside, is to get your feet wet. So my darling, Adeline, never get your feet wet.

And now I understood why.

As I laid in Pan's bed, various gross tissues, a steaming cup of tea, and multiple pillows surrounded me as I gave another sneeze. I sniffed and wiped away the germs with the sleeve of my thick sweater that Pan had insisted I wore.

"Addy?" I looked up to see Alejandro, the spanish hunk that claimed he came from the Land Without Magic. He said his kingdom was called Spain or something like that. He was tall and tan, had dark brown hair that sorta swished with the wind, and had dark brown eyes that instantly reminded me of cocoa beans.

"Yes?" I questioned. He walked in and I noticed a cup in his hands.

"This is a herbal remedy drink that my mama used to make me when I got a sore throat. It's honey mixed with lemon juice and a tooth of garlic." I scrunched my nose and gagged.

"Garlic?" I questioned. He noddef and chuckled at my reaction.

"Ya , ya , it does sound a bit weird, but you don't have to eat the garlic. I boiled it together with the lemon juice and the honey so only the taste of the garlic would be mixed in."

"Well... thank you." I said after thinking it through. I accepted the hot mug and looked at the liquid. It was a light brown with bits of the lemon. It was hot, but not enough to hurt. I lifted the cup up to my pink lips and took a small sip.

"Hey... it's not that bad." I said. The honey was sweet and the lemon gave it a bit of tang. I could barely taste the garlic.

"Hurry and drink it while it's hot. It will do good on your throat." I drank it quickly and licked my lips.

"Thank you." I said. He nodded and took back the cup.

"I hope you feel better, Addy. Te veo alrato, señorita." He said and the only thing I understood is that he called me senorita. He left, making it me, myself and I with only my thoughts to entertain us.

I coughed harshly again and my eyes watered. Thanks to my stupidity, I was sick. Sick with a cold and a sore throat. The runny nose made it hard to breath as well.

"How are you feeling love?" A familiar voice rang. I turned towards Pan and found him sitting at my feet.

"Well, it has been 3 days and I have not gotten any better, what do you think?" I snapped. He chuckled and leaned over.

For a moment, I thought he was going to kiss me, and panic rose in me. But he brought his hand up to my forehead and then slid it down to my cheeks, which were probably a deep dark red.

"No fever... but you do seem rather red, love." Pan said wit a cheeky smile and he winked. I rolled my eyes and looked away.

"Please," I coughed and sneezed, "just leave me alone. I'm cold and sick." I snapped, annoyed. Pan chuckled again. He brought himself around right next to my side and began lifting the covers. I panicked and scrunched away

"Wha- wha whatcha doing there buddy?" I asked, rapidly. He smirked and laid down next to me, covering himself with the cover again. He grunted and grabbed my waist and pulled me close to his warm body. He nuzzled his face into my neck and I instantly felt myself turn red.

"Peter...." I whispered harshly and tried to push him away. He held me tighter instead and talked into my neck. His warm breath fanned my neck.

"Don't talk, pretty lady." He mumbled.

"Peter..." I whined again. I heard him laugh silently.

"Do me a favor, princess. Just please let me hold you. You know, while you are still sick and weak and can't hurt me." He mumbled and I gave a sigh, and felt myself give into his pleads.

"Ok." I mumbled and snuggled closer to him to get the warmth that radiated off of him. I suddenly yanked myself away and began sneezing. I looked the other way so I wouldn't sneeze on the lost boy. He caressed my back and I laid back down.

"I'm so sick." I said in a scratchy voice. Pan nodded and pulled me closer to him again.

"I know sweetheart, I know."
He hugged me again and my head rested against his chest.

I'm not sure what entered my mind at that moment when Pan wrapped himself around me. I'm not sure why I didn't push him away. I'm not sure why I didn't yell or curse at him. I'm not sure what caused me to, instead of pushing him away, I gladly accepted his offer into his arms.

But what I do know is that I'll blame it on the sickness that my wet feet had caused.

After chapters of them not even having a small moment, I decided to stop being so cruel.

Ship name? Adeline and Peter? Addy and Peter?

Btw, the herbal honey mix does actually work, I drink it when I have a sore throat. And it doesn't taste that bad.